17 with Social Anxiety and IBS-A - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

17 with Social Anxiety and IBS-A

ibs ibs-a anxiety

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 babysoul

babysoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:23 AM

Advertisement
I was 14 when I got my first flare up. I was a tenth grader in biology when all of a sudden my intestines were in knots and I felt absolutely dizzy. I didn't think much of it. I assumed it was diarrhea and simply went to the nurse's office. Funny thing is, that was only the start of it. Last year, I was diagnosed with IBS (it was more of a self diagnosis because my doctor was clueless). Now I'm 17 and on a low FODMAP diet. It's proven to be extremely difficult living with IBS. My anxiety tends to trigger it on a daily basis and I sweat like crazy in my third period because it's always so quiet. I can't handle tests either. If I take pepto bismol, my intestines start to hurt. I don't know what to do anymore and I'm desperate.

#2 IBSCat

IBSCat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

I am now almost 21. I had IBS for 7 years.I have tried many things, acupuncture, herbal medication. Last September, my doctor prescribed me Xifanxan 550 twice a day for two weeks. And it worked and I had 3 months of symptom-free period. And then it came back two weeks ago and I started on Xifanxan 550 again. It isn't as helpful as what I expect it to be. Originally before I have any digestive issue, I was a very happy and positive person. IBS does play a toll in my mental health. I tried to be positive every day and try searching for solution. It is hard,especially when I feel like I have 50 years ahead of me that I probably need to live with it. I will have an appointment with a new gastronomist in two weeks. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, ibs-a, anxiety

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here