Vitamins & Supplements - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Vitamins & Supplements

vitamin supplement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rikku1300

Rikku1300

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:45 PM

Advertisement

Hi

I have recently been diagnose with IBS. I have been doing my research and stressing over what food I can eat. I think I have a better idea and have started cooking as best I can but I am confused on supplements. Is there any way of taking them or will this be a bad idea due to them having a mix of ingredients.

Not sure what to do as I am unable to find information on this. I used to use a multivitamin and a fish oil vitamin but id rather not start taking these again unless I am sure they will not course a problem.

Please Help!

Regards

Rikku1300

#2 Jenu294

Jenu294

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hi Rikku1300

I'm new to this site, but have had IBS-D for over 10 yrs. FIve years ago or so I was showing symptoms of both Crohn's and or Collitis; very nasty things to have. I underwent a colonoscopy (to no avail, results came back clear) and a doctor at my local hospital diagnosed me as young and healthy (bear in mind at this point I'd been off work for a few months and was feeling seriously ill).

Fast forward to today however, and I've pretty much not allowed IBS to control my life or way of thinking! The worst thing one can do is stress (easier said than done I'm aware), but you can take measures to lead a relatively nomal life.

Anyway, after a lot of research myself, I've found an amazing supplement which I've only been taking for a few weeks! I originally got it to help clear my sinus infection, but they also claim to aid digestion – and trust me I've tried everything for IBS, nothing's worked up until now. This food supplement is a Natural Pineapple Enzyme called Bromelain. I take 3x 500mg a day after meals. You can buy them at Holland & Barrett – not cheap but so worth it!

I'll point out that I suffer terribly from bloating and gas (especially in the evenings and during the night), but having taking Bromelain the symptoms have subsided considerably along with the Diarrhea. And you don't have to give up your current supplements as they're more than likely not contributing to your IBS. I too, take a Multi-vitamin, Zinc and Vit D!

So going forward I'd suggest you keep a food diary and track down all your symptoms after meals. Last but not least, I cannot recommend enough going to see a reputable Reflexologist! Miraculously it was Reflexology that cured my so-called symptoms of Crohn's/Collitis and I've never looked back. This can also aide relaxation which in turn will help you feel less anxious about IBS. 

Good luck, hope this helps!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin, supplement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here