New tab: Natural Healing: diet, lifestyle changes etc - Website Help - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

New tab: Natural Healing: diet, lifestyle changes etc

natural healing lifestyle changes FODMAP diet Specific Carbohydrate diet Low Starch Diet Low Fibre Diet Alcohol Eating smaller meals Eating dinner early Cooking methods

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tummyrumbles

tummyrumbles

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

Advertisement

I know I posted a similar request previously but I think we really need a dedicated tab called "Natural Healing". There's a lot of confusion about the different diets: FODMAP, Paleo, specific carbohydrate diet, low fibre diet etc. It would be good to be able to basically summarise the theory and limitations of all the main diets commonly used for IBS. For e.g. the FODMAP diet restricts FODMAPs but allows high starch food. The SCD diet & Paleo diets allow high FODMAPS and high fibre. The low fibre diet allows high starch.

You could include a section on the theories underlying why certain carbohydrates such as starch and high fibre foods may be harmful to your IBS. There's also a lot of confusion here about fibre in general so perhaps we could also do a summary on the main fibre types: soluble and insoluble and how cooking methods can reduce fibre content.

Lifestyle changes can greatly improve IBS like giving up alcohol, chewing carbohydrates properly, eating dinner early, eating smaller meals etc. 

Thanks. And thanks for listing to me in the past.

My Wordpress blog: http://ibsnaturalcure.wordpress.com

#2 Jeffrey Roberts

Jeffrey Roberts

Member #1 Founder

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7295 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for your suggestion.

Jeff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: natural healing, lifestyle changes, FODMAP diet, Specific Carbohydrate diet, Low Starch Diet, Low Fibre Diet, Alcohol, Eating smaller meals, Eating dinner early, Cooking methods

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here