Strangest symptoms ladies do you get these? - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Strangest symptoms ladies do you get these?

Ibs Abdominal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soretummy2016

Soretummy2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:00 AM

Advertisement
Hi ladies I have been having a hell of a time in the last six months. I have been having reoccurring symptoms and the doctor and and I have been working our way through all the tests .
Firstly, I randomly get this horrific pain in my stomach area for no reason. On a pain scale it's about a 9 out of 10. My stomach goes hard and bloats out and causes severe pain. The only way to alleviate it is to hop on the floor in the fetal position and press hard on my stomach. This feels like it helps move whatever is stick in there. After about an hour it passes and the next day my stomach and abs feel bruised.
Then usually about once a month I experience this bloated feeling below my belly button in my lower abs/pelvic/uterus area. The area pops out,and I feel bloated and sense heaviness and feel full in that region. I hear lots of bubbling and I get some short pain. I actually thought something was wrong with my ovaries so we've had that all checked and nothing showed up. The uncomfortable feeling lasts for about 3+ days then it passes.This is usually before I get my period.
I don't pass much wind during these bouts and stool is very small and yellow if passed at all. although I regularly suffer from variants in stool, sometimes it's quiet watery some times it's tiny little bits that seen so hard to pass.
When this isn't occurring I seen to pass quiet a lot of wind and the stool variance still occurs.
At this point in time I am a about to go back To the doctor because I want to know what is causing this pain and discomfort I'm getting.
Does this resonate with anyone out there?
Please let a desperate girl know if you feel the same!!

#2 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:45 AM

Yes! These symptoms occur with myself as well - bloated hard belly and pain near lower left groin that last for days then seems to ease up. Things get really bad especially before my period. Most drs have told me it's very likely I have endometriosis but I have not had the scope so I'm not sure. Also, the only thing that helps me is heating pad. I've had tons of testing and nothing has shown up.
  • Soretummy2016 likes this

#3 Soretummy2016

Soretummy2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hi @marleyma and thank you for replying. It's so annoying that this issue seems so complicated to solve! This morning I've woken up not feeling bloated yet, but I've had constipation after last night have watery diarrhea, so I'm expecting it to compact down again and have that feeling soon.

#4 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

Oh I know.. it takes a lot of detective work. I have been trying to figure all my symptoms out for almost a decade now and whenever I get a new diagnosis I just don't feel it's what is causing all this pain. Have you talked to your dr about endometriosis? Are your periods pretty regular?

#5 Soretummy2016

Soretummy2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:33 AM

I have not been tested for endo, but I've had full bloods done recently and ultrasound, wouldn't they have picked it up by now? It's very frustration to feel like you can't pass properly I constantly feel full

#6 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

Unfortunately probably not. The only way to 100% tell yes or no is to get a laproscopic surgery with a scope to check.. obviously not the easiest thing to do. My Dr told me about a patient that didn't know she had endometriosis but had so many problems.. not until she had her gallbladder removed did it subside.. turns out her gallbladder was FULL of endometri. So.. just goes to show even if drs can't see something right away, doesn't mean nothing is wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs, Abdominal

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here