New to Post but Old Problem - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

New to Post but Old Problem

IBC-C Anxiety OCD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Summer

Mike Summer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:15 PM

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I have been a reader of the forums for years to help with my issue (sometime it just scares me more).  I suffered from a case of something about 3 years ago that made me constipated.  I finally went to the ER and they said that I was full of stool and they did a soap and suds enema and gave me a bottle of go lightly to drink to clear it out. (it worked). I had a Colonoscopy and everything was good but a little inflammation of the rectum and internal hemis from pushing.  I was regular as clockwork (and never paid attention to it that much either) for my previous 46 years.  Well over the past 3 years I have been more fixated on my movements (OCD I guess) and the need to go every day.  I would even do the "corn test" every once in awhile just to make sure everything would come through like it should and no slow backup like I had before (transit about 14 hrs).  I would make sure that based on the amount I ate the usual amount was coming out.  Well fast forward to last week and I noticed that not enough coming out and over the last few days even less coming out until today nothing!  I have been eating about the same amount.  I'm really starting to freak out something is wrong with me and my nerves are on full throttle worried this is the same unexplained thing as before or something worse.  I know I have a lot of stress with Mom in final states of stage 4 overian, Brother and Sister infighting on care to be taken and just a slew of other things.  It seems that I have started to obsess about me having decent bowel movements and I put way to much mental energy into it.  I'm I just plain crazy and there is really nothing wrong with me from the neck down.  I talked to my Dr and he has me now taking Miralax one a day starting last night.  I would just down a bottle mag cit or something but I then have the worry, what it it didn't work and I don't want to start using laxitives and get dependent.  This whole thing scares everything but the crap out of me (wish it would).  My sister has IBS-D and man would I trade her rather than have this feeling of being bunged up.  Any insite or suggestions you have would be great.  It's just when I see post about people going weeks to months and suffering in such pain without relief in site or god forbid having to be cleaned out every once an awhile that it scares the hell out of me. 

Thanks for any insight as I'm really starting to freak out. Mike!

type 2 diabetes controlled with diet and metformin, Prozac and Kolonipin, beta blocker, lipitor  

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2131 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi Mike -

IBS-D runs in my family too, but I have IBS-C. 

Anyhow, I know you said you don't want to take laxatives, but what are the alternatives? Be constipated all the time? Personally? I do whatever works.

I've tried everything. Click below link for more info:

http://www.ibsgroup....-can-recommend/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBC-C, Anxiety, OCD

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here