Post Infectious IBS - Main Symptom: Gas? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Post Infectious IBS - Main Symptom: Gas?

post infectious pi-ibs post-infectious ibs post-infectious

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rockford12s

rockford12s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:43 PM

Advertisement

Hi all - I was diagnosed with Post infectious IBS about 2 months ago, after I got food poisoning about a few months prior (Sept 2015). I've been eating better (eliminating the trigger foods like most IBS'ers) and taking probiotics daily, yet the one symptom that remains and is the biggest issue for me is gas.

I get excessive gas after most all meals. It gets terribly worse when I eat lots of breads or pasta. My other symptoms such as frequent diarrhea, bloating, cramping, etc seem to be tapering off a bit as time passes (ex. diarrhea went from 2x/week to 1x/week to 1x/every 2 weeks), but the gas seems to have possibly gotten worse since inception of PI-IBS.  I feel the gas in my stomach after I eat and causes a bit of gurgling. 

Im wondering if there is anybody else in the same boat who is going through this as well? Is this a sign that the gut is healing? Is there anything I can take that will help with my gas?? Any suggestions are appreciated. It's very difficult to be in social situations when I get a gas attack (ie. after every damn meal pretty much :-\)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: post infectious, pi-ibs, post-infectious ibs, post-infectious

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here