New to IBS - looking for diet supplement - Diet - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

New to IBS - looking for diet supplement

IBS; Garden of Life Vitamin Code; Supplements Diet balancing for IBS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gokirop

gokirop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

Advertisement

Dear all,

I am new to IBS and going through a sort of an elimination phase meaning that I do not have a balanced diet. Therefore, I have looked into different vitamin/diet supplements and this is the best my amateur eye could distinct from the numerous products out there. I would appreciate it greatly if you could say if it seems like a good idea to take this (why not?). Also, alternatives or some other supplements advices would be great.

http://www.iherb.com...ggie-Caps/12616

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Gokirop

#2 AndyTheRD

AndyTheRD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hey,

As a registered dietitian I would advise caution against "elimination" phases.  If you are cutting out certain foods from a food group, make sure to compensate ( ie; replace dairy with soy/almond milk,  replace broccoli with spinach)

Here is a quick list of 5 foods that it actually makes sense to avoid if you have IBS: http://www.andytherd.com/#!5-Foods-to-Limit-if-You-Have-Digestive-Issues-or-Irritable-Bowel-Syndrome-IBS/b7hsi/56c388c10cf2da78df4f9957

As far as your supplement goes, I suppose it may be a decent idea to use it if you are eliminating foods in a unbalanced manner. But I do not recommend you do that in the first place, you should not need a vitamin/mineral supplement if you are careful with how you eat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS;, Garden of Life Vitamin Code;, Supplements, Diet balancing for IBS

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here