Anxiety disorder or IBS flare up? - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anxiety disorder or IBS flare up?

Anxiety gas pain full

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hannah Eacott

Hannah Eacott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

Advertisement
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and haven't actually been diagnosed with IBS but runs in the family and assumed. Short back story is my IBS mainly revolved around severe pain and gas which doesn't seem to follow any pattern aside from when stressed or anxious (suffered with panic disorder for as long as I can remember).

Recently though I had my first case of constipation I've had for years. Unfortunately my anxiety was very bad then too.

I had a feeling of the urge to go in my rectum almost constantly but was unable to go for a few days but when I finally did go I still had the feeling I wasn't finished

So over the course of the day I'd occasionally go to loo to try again,

I am having BMS but still have the urge to go in my rectum and it's driving me insane! I wonder if it's me thinking about it or if I just haven't cleaned out my system since the constipation or if something might be wrong!

I occasionally get spasms during a BM which can be very painful but I only do when I'm anxious and wonder if it's because I'm sooo tense anyway that my muscles just spasm from the incredible tenseness?

I worry something's really wrong, has anyone else had same or similar?

#2 Dave Smith

Dave Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:54 AM

yes me too

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anxiety gas, pain, full

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here