Good point-CBD oil info. - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Good point-CBD oil info.

hemp cbd oil cannabidiol cannabinoids marijuana cannabis cbd oil cbd dosage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:27 AM

Advertisement
Per a hemp CBD oil manufacturer:
Your body will build up a storage of cannabidiol (cbd) in the body, which is unlike most
chemicals. Unlike alcohol, which is usually absent from the blood stream and body within
24-48 hours after ingestion, cannabidiol is fat soluble and may stay bound to the cells
of the body for weeks. This is important to know because after a few weeks of using CBD
oil a lesser amount may be required to gain effects similar to the original servings.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#2 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

Hmmm.. wondering here. After about 2 months on it I don't seem to be having quite the effect I did. I am hoping this is not like everything else where it works well for a few months then loses effectiveness. 

#3 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the update, Leo.

#4 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the update, Leo.

Well I wouldn't really call it that yet, could just be what would be a flare, but can't go that far with the oil. I will report back in next week though. 

#5 gshawk54

gshawk54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:46 PM

Just started my oil today, have a friend with crones and he's been on it now for two months and he's now eating and sleeping though the night without having to get up several times in the night to poo. I have had IBS since I was in 2nd grade and I'm 62 now. Since passing 60 my IBS has gotten worse. For severe cramping I smoke pot. Also take Atrantil, developed by my GI doc. and it helps with bloating and spasms. I now have normal poo, but just go 10-12 times per day. No one can accuse me of being full of ######. Good luck all and thanks for being here.
Just sittin and a shitin

#6 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

Just started my oil today, have a friend with crones and he's been on it now for two months and he's now eating and sleeping though the night without having to get up several times in the night to poo. I have had IBS since I was in 2nd grade and I'm 62 now. Since passing 60 my IBS has gotten worse. For severe cramping I smoke pot. Also take Atrantil, developed by my GI doc. and it helps with bloating and spasms. I now have normal poo, but just go 10-12 times per day. No one can accuse me of being full of ######. Good luck all and thanks for being here.

With the hemp cbd extract taken through day prophylactically (ahead of any possible spasms), should prevent them. BTW, it doesn't cause me constipation or diarrhea as with some prescriptions tried. Yah, the more often you go the less gas/bloating;I had the going o.k., but WAS having big trouble with painful spasms even with normal amounts of gas. So, a true mobility problem. Wondering what brand and form you're using and how you'll be doing in a good month's time, since you just started 2/26.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#7 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

Well I wouldn't really call it that yet, could just be what would be a flare, but can't go that far with the oil. I will report back in next week though. 

I increased my cbd intake for one day last week. I changed diet a little that day and didn't have enough water, hence irritating amt. of gas;But, the tendency for painful flaring/inflammation should decrease with time as would in crohns, so hence ibs painful inflammation decrease. I had started in my 20s with very mild spasms that became big time inflammed and started into crohns before doing larger amts of probiotics, then I backed out of that, but left with that more intense type of ibs still before Eating For IBS diet, and stopping with the cbd situation now. AMEN.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hemp cbd oil, cannabidiol, cannabinoids, marijuana, cannabis, cbd oil, cbd, dosage

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here