Trying the FMT - Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Trying the FMT

FMT Rifaximin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeyjey

Jeyjey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

Advertisement

Hey everybody :)

I might do a FMT at home. I've found a good donor and I have some questions before doing the FMT.
Do you think we should clean the bowels before the first FMT?

What do you think of fasting before the first fmt?
Should I use probiotics after the FMT? (I read that it might be good to help repopulate the new microbiota)

I also have the option of trying the rifaximin 550mg x 3 /day for 14 days. Should I try first the Rifaximin or the FMT?

How are those who made their FMTs? My question is : Are you (still) "cured"??
Thanks

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

There is little information about "best practices" and actual effectivity.

#3 maskedhombre

maskedhombre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

If you really plan to DIY, take a gentle bowel cleanser to soften stools 2 days prior FMT. 2 caps of Oxy-Klenz with evening meal during 2 days.

Pre and probiotics could help...

You have to know that most of the anaerobe bacteria will die during the process, so I don't think DIY FMT is a very effective option.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FMT, Rifaximin

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here