GERD/IBS/D/ANXIETY/PANIC ATTACKS - Mental Health - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

GERD/IBS/D/ANXIETY/PANIC ATTACKS

GERD Anxiety IBS Health panic IBD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IWillTrustInGod

IWillTrustInGod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

Advertisement

I was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 6, Type 1 Diabetes at 15, and deal many other issues from my autoimmune disorders. I'm almost 23, and recently, this past year I am suffering with IBS/D symptoms and terrible GERD. I've been on Remicade since 7 years old, and have taken several medications to treat my digestive/immune system. I notice that my anxiety gets really bad after I eat/when I have to use the bathroom. I immediately have to belch, I get bad cramps near my navel/lower stomach, and feel shaky, short of breath, dizzy, faint-ish, and I can feel my heartbeat rapidly. Now, I am having tingles as if my whole body is falling asleep, and sometimes a heavy thrumming/vibration, almost like a cellphone buzzing but in my legs..sometimes it lasts for hours. Not to mention I can feel extremely cold or hot throughout my body during this anxious, panicky spell. These panic/anxiety symptoms start 30 mins before I have a bowel movement. I feel better instantly when I go, but I still have the anxiety/panic attack affect hours after the BM. I am now finding that I am having anxiety over other normal things too such as: sleeping, being alone, leaving the house, going out in public in general, taking a shower with the door closed, even talking to friends, or doing things I used to loved now seems like a chore. I've been prescribed medication for anxiety and GERD, but these aren't helping the attacks or spells from my stomach or doing normal things. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? 

#2 angiemanns

angiemanns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

Taking Bentyl before meals helps a lot. It is an antispasmodic medication that targets the stomach and digestive tract and helps with the cramping. Without the cramps, your anxiety might be greatly reduced.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GERD, Anxiety, IBS, Health, panic, IBD

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here