Mucus problems intensifying after move - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Mucus problems intensifying after move

mucus move

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pi-ibs-d

pi-ibs-d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

Advertisement

I haven't visited these forums in a while, but things are getting worse, so I'm back.

Here's the short story: 

Moved from Portland, OR to Louisville, KY recently.  In Portland things weren't perfect, but I had it under control.  In Louisville, things are worse.  My main problem is mucus.  After sitting down for extended periods of time, it is common for me to have mucus stains on my pants.  I also sometimes have oil stains as well (worse after greasy, spicy foods).  Also, I'm routinely finding globs of mucus after flatulence.

These have always been major symptoms / problems for me, but are getting much worse.  I'm theorizing that there must be something different about Louisville water vs. Portland water to be causing this.  Louisville is supposed to have pretty good water though, so I'm not sure what it would be.  Portland didn't use fluoride in their water, so that could be it, but my symptoms were pretty under control when I lived in NYC, and I'm sure they used fluoride there, so that hypothesis is shaky.  

Bottom line is that I'm just looking for some possible new solutions to manage mucus and oil discharge / buildup.

Current regimen:

• Probiotics (alternating Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS, and hyperbiotics daily) (2 pills in the am)
  • Soluble fiber (4 citrucel tablets daily)

Thanks for any help.  

Oh, and I have tried the specific carbohydrate diet in the past, which didn't seem to help after 4 weeks, and combined with the recommended abstinence from medicine, actually seemed to make things worse.

Thanks!

#2 Arzaan

Arzaan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:42 AM

I haven't visited these forums in a while, but things are getting worse, so I'm back.

Here's the short story: 

Moved from Portland, OR to Louisville, KY recently.  In Portland things weren't perfect, but I had it under control.  In Louisville, things are worse.  My main problem is mucus.  After sitting down for extended periods of time, it is common for me to have mucus stains on my pants.  I also sometimes have oil stains as well (worse after greasy, spicy foods).  Also, I'm routinely finding globs of mucus after flatulence.

These have always been major symptoms / problems for me, but are getting much worse.  I'm theorizing that there must be something different about Louisville water vs. Portland water to be causing this.  Louisville is supposed to have pretty good water though, so I'm not sure what it would be.  Portland didn't use fluoride in their water, so that could be it, but my symptoms were pretty under control when I lived in NYC, and I'm sure they used fluoride there, so that hypothesis is shaky.  

Bottom line is that I'm just looking for some possible new solutions to manage mucus and oil discharge / buildup.

Current regimen:

• Probiotics (alternating Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS, and hyperbiotics daily) (2 pills in the am)
  • Soluble fiber (4 citrucel tablets daily)

Thanks for any help.  

Oh, and I have tried the specific carbohydrate diet in the past, which didn't seem to help after 4 weeks, and combined with the recommended abstinence from medicine, actually seemed to make things worse.

Thanks!
I think u must add L gluramine powder or capsule, of u r not diabetic lr kidney desease patient(as i read on google). Glutamine hvn grt advantages.do googl about it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mucus, move

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here