Instead of cannabis, Hemp CBD oil extract - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Instead of cannabis, Hemp CBD oil extract

cbd oil hemp cannabis pot marijuana

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

Advertisement

Hemp is not marijuana/pot, but they are both cannabis named.

Hemp cbd oil extract can be bought already legally throughout U.S. and can be sold to some countries, successfully received in mail. It's non-psychoactive and in dropper form, easy exact dosing. I've used two brands, message me. Having great success, and my colon and also upper areas are at peace. Now that I've tried the smaller bottle, I'm able to go onto saving on the larger bulk bottle for refills. Don't want anyone to mistakenly buy a poor quality brand. Its affordable when you see how little it takes to conquer spasming. And my spasms were INTENSE and hellish for 15 yrs. You can see my posts for reference. Don't let this go untried. Only side effect is relaxed colon, and maybe too relaxed if you take more than needed. It does store up in body which is good, then you can back it down easily.

• jaumeb and Patrick ibs c like this

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:02 AM

Which brands do you recommend? Where can I order it internationally? I have a long list of things to try and I'd like to add the CBD to that list.

#3 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

As above, message me for brand of hemp cbd;Depending on your weight and bottle's concentration, I've worked up to 12 drops/day (4 drops 3X/day) = 20mg total. Best to not take any more than needed to resolve ongoingly and cost wise. You can carry the small bottle and save money refilling with economical larger bottles. They professionally show independent 3rd party reports on all products. Last one done in Nov. I believe. Many in the company's reviews do under the tongue held at least a minute-then swallow, even though directions say just swallow. I do 30 min. before meals for IBS as done in past with anti-spasmotics, even though it says after meals (in general). They ship internationally. Their site is extensive in information about themselves. Made me appreciate their quality/thoroughness. Might take 2-3 weeks to get outside the U.S., per a customer review from Australia;But, no side effects like prescription methods. I received in 3 days, a state away. Check to see if your country accepts CBD oil, they should, even if don't accept medical or legalized marijuana, since it is hemp type of cannabis with minuscule amt of THC at < .3% naturally in plant legal everywhere from online.

Edited by minimalizer, 21 October 2017 - 04:20 PM.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#4 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the details.
  • minimalizer likes this

#5 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:15 PM

I edited original post to be a little more instructive, per dosing.

• jaumeb likes this

#6 twonK

twonK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:48 AM

Bluebird Botanicals;It's in a hemp oil base;I use the "silver,"  that is "highly concentrated.";Depending on your weight, work up to 12 drops/day (4 drops 3X/day) = 20mg total;Or, maybe work up to 15 drops/day (5 drops 3X/day) = 25mg total. Best to not take any more than needed to resolve ongoingly and cost wise. You can carry the small bottle and save money refilling with economical larger bottles. They professionally show independent 3rd party reports on all products. Last one done in Nov. I believe on the "silver." Many in the company's reviews do under the tongue held at least a minute-then swallow, even though directions say just swallow. I do 30 min. before meals for IBS as done in past with anti-spasmotics, even though it says after meals (in general). They ship internationally. Their site is extensive in information about themselves. Made me appreciate their quality/thoroughness. Might take 2-3 weeks to get outside the U.S., per a customer review from Australia;But, no side effects compared to prescription methods. I received in 3 days, a state away. Check to see if your country accepts CBD oil, they should even if don't accept medical or legalized marijuana, since it is hemp type of cannabis with miniscule amts of THC at < .3% naturally in plant. BTW, high THC and high CBD @ 60g Total utilized over 3 mos. is what has been used even in conjunction with chemo/radiation to cure some even later stage cancers, called Rick Simpson oil;Though, CO2 is a better extraction lately.laugh.png

hey, thanks for posting.  How long would the 10mg typically last you, for example?  I've just had a kidney operation which may help with my 20-year abdominal pain.  If it doesn't help, I'll try this out.

FYI my pain doc, who's a bit ... unconventional is building a CBD oil product line here in NYC.  See http://www.huffingto..._b_7654382.html.  His name is Ramesh Sawhney.  He's a big believer in CBD (obviously).

• minimalizer likes this

Meds: Provigil, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, others

Current: IBS-C, OCD, Refractory Depression for 20+ years

Fixed: Hydronephrosis, Bilateral compartment syndrome

#7 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

I don't take that many mg worth at a time, but the idea is to prevent mainly meals causing spasms, at 3X/day which is how long it is lasting. If it can build in the system after a while, then maybe could possibly last longer. Look for different cbd company's forums for people's ibs anecdotal experiences using cbd, also about others' protocals you may similarly have that it could benefit.

#8 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabiximols (getting closer to being approved in U.S.) I.E. Sativex with cbd AND thc v.s. Marinol with just thc usually prescribed for cancer patients. "No investigations regarding the potential for dependence are available, but such a potential is unlikely considering the pharmacological properties of the two components." That is an important point;And, as  long as the thc is coupled with high enough cbd, the cbd curbs the thc psychoactivity, ALSO anxiety, which is a problem with just prescribing thc in Marinol for cancer patients pain and nausea.

So, if in the future you want insurance to pay for cannabis helping the painful spasms AND more thc helping painful inflammation of IBS and the U.S. approves Sativex, sounds like they're getting closer, one could try requesting your insurance to consider it for IBS. Whole plant idea that includes the other cannibinoids (at least 80) is STILL  best, but is out of pocket as well as getting certified cost. At least with hemp extracted cbd oil with independent lab proof testing @ .3% or less thc is legal in the meantime;Make sure what you get is full spectrum ideally in the hemp cannabis situation, bought online as drops and doing sublingually for quicker effect for IBS, that would be decarboxylated.

#9 twonK

twonK

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:05 PM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabiximols (getting closer to being approved in U.S.) I.E. Sativex with cbd AND thc v.s. Marinol with just thc usually prescribed for cancer patients. "No investigations regarding the potential for dependence are available, but such a potential is unlikely considering the pharmacological properties of the two components." That is an important point;And, as  long as the thc is coupled with high enough cbd, the cbd curbs the thc psychoactivity, ALSO anxiety, which is a problem with just prescribing thc in Marinol for cancer patients pain and nausea.

So, if in the future you want insurance to pay for cannabis helping the painful spasms AND more thc helping painful inflammation of IBS and the U.S. approves Sativex, sounds like they're getting closer, one could try requesting your insurance to consider it for IBS. Whole plant idea that includes the other cannibinoids (at least 80) is STILL  best, but is out of pocket as well as getting certified cost. At least with hemp extracted cbd oil with independent lab proof testing @ .3% or less thc is legal in the meantime;Make sure what you get is full spectrum in the hemp cannabis situation, bought online as drops, some sublingual for quicker effect for IBS, that would be decarboxylated.

Just BTW I tried marinol for quite some time and found it ineffective for my abdominal pain.  Side effects were annoying but nothing terrible.

Meds: Provigil, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, others

Current: IBS-C, OCD, Refractory Depression for 20+ years

Fixed: Hydronephrosis, Bilateral compartment syndrome

#10 flikkemaL

flikkemaL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Brands? I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm messaging you correctly.

#11 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:05 AM

I will be receiving my oil today and will keep an update of how it works!

#12 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:23 AM

Ok so - I started yesterday evening with 10 drops under tongue and about 20 minutes later my nausea seemed to disappear. I also felt like I had increased energy! When I woke up I had a small cup (about quarter cup) coffee which usually doesn't effect me atall. 20 minutes later I felt off... i actually felt the urge to have a bm!!! It was not normal or complete BUT it was something and I usually never get the urge without taking a stimulant laxative. I am highly impressed thus far. Thank you, minimalizer, for suggesting this. I wouldn't have got it without your suggestion :) ill keep you guys updated after my day today!!!
  • jaumeb likes this

#13 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:34 PM

Waiting for the updates, marleyma ...

#14 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

Yesterday went well - I could really tell that the nausea was much better. It started to creep back around midday but I am a bit nervous to take it later in the day since it gives me so much energy (i don't want to be up all night). So far no bm but it is still early (7am). Overall I feel good this morning. I'll keep the updates coming!
  • jaumeb likes this

#15 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:20 AM

Update: past two days have not been that great. I actually felt worse than I usually do BUT I did up the dose to 20 drops (too much i guess?) so maybe that is to blame. I took my usual 4 dulcolax this am and about a half hour later took 10 drops. The clean out, which usually hits me about 5-6 hours later hit me in only 2 ish hours. I definitely feel the oil has helped moved things along quicker.

#16 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Let's see how it works in the long term ...

#17 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

Just BTW I tried marinol for quite some time and found it ineffective for my abdominal pain.  Side effects were annoying but nothing terrible.

I would get the thc in prescription if one can for inflammation and buy quality cbd legally online for the spasming and combine for fuller cannabinoids effect. Ideally one should be getting both from the marijuana plant including the other cannabinoids effect, but alas is illegal in some states here in U.S. At least some folks have medicinally legal marijuana where they live all be it more expensive than growing there own and making a tincture or thicker Rick Simpson oil method from it. You pick which strain you need with more of the cbd % over the thc % if need be for more anti-spasm help.

#18 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:27 PM

Update: past two days have not been that great. I actually felt worse than I usually do BUT I did up the dose to 20 drops (too much i guess?) so maybe that is to blame. I took my usual 4 dulcolax this am and about a half hour later took 10 drops. The clean out, which usually hits me about 5-6 hours later hit me in only 2 ish hours. I definitely feel the oil has helped moved things along quicker.

Less spasming?

#19 ThomasHoward

ThomasHoward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:20 AM

Ok so - I started yesterday evening with 10 drops under tongue and about 20 minutes later my nausea seemed to disappear. I also felt like I had increased energy! When I woke up I had a small cup (about quarter cup) coffee which usually doesn't effect me atall. 20 minutes later I felt off... i actually felt the urge to have a bm!!! It was not normal or complete BUT it was something and I usually never get the urge without taking a stimulant laxative. I am highly impressed thus far. Thank you, minimalizer, for suggesting this. I wouldn't have got it without your suggestion smile.png ill keep you guys updated after my day today!!!

do you really think that it is safe for your health???

#20 IsacCornish

IsacCornish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:27 AM

Damn, I can't even imagine how you lived with intense spasms for 15 years. I'm glad that hemp extract helped you get rid of this pain. It seems that people have started to use various things instead of cannabis. I've read a sad story on CBC about a woman with terminal cancer who tried to use magic mushrooms to stabilize her mental health. These shrooms include psilocybin, which can be a helpful ingredient against mental disorders. Recently our Canadian government has legalized the usage of shrooms for various medical purposes, and I want to try it. Yesterday I ordered 3 grams of B Plus on https://getkush.io/p...agic-mushrooms/ for affordable price. I hope it will have positive effects, even though I'm worried.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cbd oil, hemp, cannabis, pot, marijuana

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here