Just Diagnosed...Help Please. - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Just Diagnosed...Help Please.

IBS just diagnosehelp abdomen pain bloating constipation fiber anxiety and depression diagnosed enema swollen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flaxseed123

flaxseed123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:55 PM

Advertisement

I am a college student and I've just been diagnosed with IBS-C. And I need HELP.

Background

• Had stomach surgery a few years ago for a perforated stomach lining- a surgery that resulted in various problems with my digestive system. I've had bathroom troubles, food troubles, and body-image troubles ever since
  • Surgery also induced severe PTSD as well as anxiety and depression
  • (Surgery or anxiety) caused severe abdominal bloating and distention so bad, that it is hard to live life normally. Worsens depression and anxiety
  • Bloating starts when I wake up and keeps me up at night. Off and on-- can go weeks with a flat stomach, or can go weeks being bloated
  • Have gone to hospital numerous times for enemas and chocolate bombs, but every three months, have to go back
  • Take omeprozole, a probiotic, and two cups of miralax daily (dulcolax when needed)
  • Just began taking Amitiza twice a day
  • Bathroom troubles persist... can go weeks without going

Diagnosed

• After being diagnosed recently, I began looking online at forums and realized I'm not alone
  • Went to the hospital today for an enema and emptied out, but my abdomen is still all swollen and bloated and hurts very badly 
  • I drink a lot of water and eat 25-35 g of fiber daily 
  • I exercise every day but have been unable to do any strenuous activity the past week because of the severity of my bloating

I do not know why my stomach is still sore and bloated if I am all emptied out. If anyone has any tips or suggestions to help me cope with/get rid of the bloating, please let me know. It's getting very difficult to stay positive. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

#2 Sailor Styx

Sailor Styx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

Hi! I am also a college student and although I have IBS-D, I certainly can relate to your struggles having had years of gastro issues. Know that you are not alone. It seems like you have been through a lot, and you are trying to take care of yourself. I have anxiety issues and it isn't easy, and people won't always understand. Stress makes it worse, so definitely look into ways to reduce anxiety and stress in your life. Continuing to drink water would be my best advice for bloating. Eventually you will have a system to deal with all of this and it won't seem so bad. You are doing what you are supposed to! No guarantee things will go away, but you will get better with dealing with it. Don't let this steal your joy!! Keep going!!! 

• flaxseed123 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, just diagnosehelp, abdomen pain, bloating, constipation, fiber, anxiety and depression, diagnosed, enema, swollen

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here