Not yet diagnosed - very anxious about symptoms - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Not yet diagnosed - very anxious about symptoms

acid reflux heart pain anxiety help advice symptoms of acid reflux symptoms

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lewis12345

lewis12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

I am waiting for a date to have a gastroscopy and colonoscopy. I have been told I have a dilated small intestine and a possible hiatus hernia.

Recently I have been getting (what I hope to be) acid reflux. I tend to go really weak and get a rush of blood (to the head),  nausea and a very painful stabbing pain where my heart is. This makes me feel as if I am having a heart attack and my blood pressure goes wild.

I feel that anxiety is getting the better of me. Do other people who have been diagnosed with acid reflux or similar issues get the same symptoms - I need to put my mind at ease.

Thanks,

Lewis

#2 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

Yes. I'd call it a sudden attack. Starts as the pain, heart rate increase, sometimes light headed, have to stand up. Nothing is comfortable. 

#3 lewis12345

lewis12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:11 PM

Thank you - I seem to have it after every meal - Might be more GERD related. I feel that I don't have to panic when it happens now - and I end up feeling okay, even though it is still very painful.

• minimalizer likes this

#4 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Yes, it can be scary. I am thinking when this hits what I am feeling is part of the esophagus pushing up through the hiatal. 

I usually drink a little baking soda with water, and seems to help it. Though I notice sometimes this will happen numerous times a day when it is happening at all if that makes sense. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acid reflux, heart pain, anxiety, help, advice, symptoms of acid reflux, symptoms

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here