Spasms and pain - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Spasms and pain

Spasm IBS-c diverticulitis

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mick1moore

Mick1moore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

Advertisement
I'm new to this forum, so I hope I am posting this in the right place. Since being hospitalized with a bad case of diverticulitis last year, I have had constant intestinal spasms. At times I think it is mainly my colon, but sometimes I feel it throughout my entire abdomen and even up to my rib cage. It isn't always painful, but lately has been more and more painful. I believe I have had IBS-C since I was a child. (I'm 50) and I think the IBS caused the diverticulitis, not the other way around. The IBS has just been much worse lately. I take Miralax daily because the spasms won't allow a normal bm. If I don't take enough my stools are very thin and small. I never have a complete bm. I went back to my gastroenterologist a couple of weeks ago and he doubled my dose of Bentyl to 20 mg every 6 hours, and gave me Tramadol for the pain (one 50mg tablet is usually all I need). When I went to see him, I had been on a clear liquid diet for two days with no relief. He told me not to hesitate to ask for antibiotics if I thought it might be diverticulitis. After three more days and no improvement, I called in and got a course of levaquin, which I finished. Still no improvement! I seem to have one fairly comfortable day, followed by one miserable day, over and over. My doc said he would order a cat scan if I asked for it. This is not diverticulitis again. I had normal blood work about two months ago. I don't have fever. No blood in my stool or mucus. My appetite is good, although I'm still pretty much on a low residue diet, per doc's recommendation. He mentioned the low FODMAP diet, but didn't really push it. It doesn't matter what I eat, I still feel the same! Very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I go ahead and have a cat scan even though I don't think it will show anything?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spasm, IBS-c, diverticulitis

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here