Involvement of cannabinoid receptors in gut motility and visceral perception-from the British Journal of Pharmacology: - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Involvement of cannabinoid receptors in gut motility and visceral perception-from the British Journal of Pharmacology:

cannabis pot marijuana gut motility IBS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:25 AM

Advertisement

Involvement of cannabinoid receptors in gut motility and visceral perception-from the British Journal of Pharmacology:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1574910/

• JFKcat likes this

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#2 JFKcat

JFKcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:47 PM

This is very cool.

#3 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:22 AM

As far as total legalization in my state, it's the only financial feasible alternative and stands between me and being able to afford it better. Alot of employers won't accept using it medically either though. I use a little cannabis extract throughout the day that does not leave me loopy and dried out for IBS like horrible dicyclamine antispasmotic;It made me more loopy than helped me. Can't just leave cannabis extract in in a hot car like employers want. Studies like the above have been around for years now. Other countries are more accepting of its use. The U.S. government holds a patent on the the most controversial THC part, and have had orphan programs for years where there's government property growing/supplying it. The states should allow at least medical legalization period with sliding fee scales for doc referral, certification and product, or at least let me medically grow my own. I don't have time to waste waiting and going up and down ill some mos. when I can't afford it. sad.png I've used just the CBD for spasms, but also have inflammation at times, so like the THC part more for that. It's all very hypocritical of the government to have set the negative tone since the 1930s putting their greedy noses into it when doctors had been prescribing it and had been prevented and pharmaceutical companies started. I'm so heart broken about it and all the hard suffering and damage I've gone through that could have been prevented. My youngest was the hardest affected by my illness. Understanding on the subject is long past due in the U.S. Everyone wants to make profit off the little $ I have. But, at least I tried it;Just not sure how I'm going to afford it long term.

Edited by minimalizer, 08 November 2016 - 03:32 PM.

• annie7 likes this

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#4 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

Any one else using medical marijuana?

#5 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10488 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

i just started using it for my migraines and for my  chronic pain--not for bowel problems since i no longer have a colon.

agree with what you said above. i live in a state where medical marijuana is legal and yes, it is very expensive. 

• minimalizer likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#6 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

Thanks annie7 for understanding;My state of AZ  just voted down total legalization.

#7 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10488 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

yes, i read that--how very disappointing!

i'm in michigan where they tried but failed to get legalization on the ballet for this election.  now the goal is on the 2018 ballot.  feels like an awfully  long time away.

and of course it would be nice to just move to a state where it's legal but that's not an easy thing for many people. in my case, it's impossible...

• minimalizer likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis, pot, marijuana, gut motility, IBS

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here