Bowel Surgery on Buzzfeed - The Lighter Side - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Bowel Surgery on Buzzfeed

ibs hospital article funny humour experience bowel surgery colorectal surgery young inpatient

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rochesque

rochesque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

Advertisement

Hello! This is my first post, although I'm far from a newcomer to ibsgroup, having often come here during bad IBS times to look for advice and find other people going through similar experiences. This post is only partially IBS-related, but it might be relevant to some of you and I hope it might interest others. 

Some time ago I found out that as well as the IBS symptoms which I have had since I was in my pre-teens, I had another bowel condition which would require inpatient surgery to correct. I was quite horrified to hear that, and as I was abnormally young to require this particular procedure, I felt a bit of a freak. However, after a long period of nervous anticipation I had the surgery and it seemed to go okay; it was not as painful or scary as I feared, though I am still waiting to see whether it has been fully successful.

While in hospital I made friends with a couple of other young patients on the colo-rectal ward and we had a chat about how it can be very difficult to talk about these conditions, particularly at a young age. I enjoy writing and attempting to be funny, so I thought I'd write a Buzzfeed community post about my experiences/in case it makes anyone going through similar things have a laugh. 

If anyone has any comments I'd be glad to hear them! The post is intended to be lighthearted and a bit ironic - if anyone has serious questions to ask about my surgery I'd be happy to answer those as well.

https://www.buzzfeed...-as-a-cut-2a9uq

#2 mneptune

mneptune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

I read your article. I will probably check out Wetlands just to see if there is anything shocking in there. Thanks for the insight into the reality of what some people that need surgery for IBS go through.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, hospital, article, funny, humour, experience, bowel surgery, colorectal surgery, young, inpatient

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here