The shivers, messing with my sleep - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

The shivers, messing with my sleep

Shivers sleep

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nps

Nps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Advertisement
Hello, new to the forum

A bit about my IBS

I have IBS-A but it is mainly between the two, Loose 80% , i only get abdominal pain if i eat a hight carb diet day after day but manage that so rarely get it anymore, whilst i was on a low carb diet to lose weight my IBS changed to IBS-C which isnt as bad, but a low carb diet makes me depressed over time & get boring & makes me want carbs more & more.

Currently im trying to balance the none/low carb foods & hight carb food so my cravings are feed & my IBS kept undercontrol but i have day where i can resist some of the bad things

Breakfast = Weetos/ milk (OK)
Work Snakes = Mixed nuts, boild eggs, chicken breast, Pork Scratching (OK)
Night Meal = Meat, Veg

Some days have some of the below list thrown in from time to time but not every day!

Things that course my IBS

Rice (once a month)
Potatoes (very rare)
bread (once a week) lunch
Cakes (twice a month)
Crumpets (once a month) mornings
Biscuits (twice a month) afternoon
Yorkshire pudding (once a month) teatime
Milk Chocolate (twice a week) afternoon
Puddings (3/4 a week) reatime
Cider (1/2 times a month)

The main problem im have that is doing my head in is i get the shivers/ internal shacks that come from my stomarch, i get them in the day but dont notice them as much, but the problem is at night after tea which then courses problem when i try & go to sleep, this is getting worse & im having to take Nytol to make sure i get to sleep.

My Dr kept telling me it was anxiaty, but i know thats not the case as everything else in my life is great.

Does anyone know how i have developed this & how to stop it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shivers, sleep

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here