Have I got this right...at least for now (re calcium carbonate)? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Have I got this right...at least for now (re calcium carbonate)?

IBS d

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EF21

EF21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:44 AM

Advertisement

Hi all, spent my whole life (35) being acutely affected by IBS-d and today I have started to try and take control. I have read a lot about how calcium carbonate can help today. I have bought the Boots Indigestion Relief tabs (in red box) as they are cheap and have 500mg. I am thinking I start by taking a couple a day (with food?) and build up to three (is that enough?) and see if that helps. I don't think they have magnesium in them so that's ok isn't it? Or not? Thanks in advance!

#2 rajiv_gupta

rajiv_gupta

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

i tried calcium carbonate, but it did me no good.

i reckon there is no harm in trying it to control diarrhea. 

Many persons have benefited from this medication, 

Preferably take it just after taking meals. 

#3 EF21

EF21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the reply but can anyone help further? I can't tell how much magnesium is in the Boots indigestion tabs and worrying it is making worse. I've looked for the tabs ( i don't mind paying) but can't work out which i should be buying, there seems to be loads. Any advice on which and where to buy from? Had very bad say and need to take action.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS d

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here