Multiple Bowel movements with incomplete evacuation - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Multiple Bowel movements with incomplete evacuation

ibsc ibsd sibo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LucyM1991

LucyM1991

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:19 AM

Advertisement

I have recently been diagnosed with SIBO (high levels of hydrogen and methane) after a year of severe digestive symptoms which have left me unable to work. i have cycled symptoms round of nausea, mild stomach pain and urgency. 

However, my main symptom has been irregular bowel movements. i have alternating cycles of constipation and softer stools (but rarely diarrhea) but never normal bowel movements. Prior to getting ill i was completely regular. The confusing thing is, I still have a substantial bowel movement every morning but then i feel the need to go throughout the day, normally smaller amounts but up to 8-10 times a day, which is completely debilitating. I almost always have incomplete evacuation which sometimes also causes nausea or stomach tenderness. I am confused as I don't see whether this is constipation or diarrhea, therefore i don't know how to treat it. This is stopping me working, working out, even getting on a plane or in the car, i often get nervous as I will need to go to the bathroom without warning at any point.

I am being treated with antibiotics for sibo, and on scd/low fodmap diet but i also need to treat this symptom. any advice as to what i can try to have more regular and complete bowel movements would be appreciated

Many thanks

Lucy

#2 Rowe2

Rowe2

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1769 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

I also have this problem. I have no answers though. Sorry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibsc, ibsd, sibo

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here