HAIR LOSS! With IBS! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

HAIR LOSS! With IBS!

nutrition hair loss iron hemoccult blood anemia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ArtLady1

ArtLady1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

Advertisement

Hello,

My hair is shedding like crazy and I am freaking out! I am a middle aged, thick haired female.  I am an old friend to IBS C, and do have a low ferritin level.  ( though it is always low, and hair loss has never been an issue).   I had an iron infusion this week. 

I have been doing daily home Hemmocult tests for two weeks, and they are always negative.   I am not too happy to get an endoscopy, since I had a hemorrhage after my last one..(.biopsy bleed!)   I do not have celiac disease. 

1) Can IBS effect iron and vitamin absorption?  Sometimes I am so bloated, it is hard to get enough food down

2) How accurate are the Hemmocult Sensa tests?

If you have experienced this, please share your thoughts.   I am pretty scared.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nutrition, hair loss, iron, hemoccult, blood, anemia

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here