IBS flare up or stomach infection? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS flare up or stomach infection?

IBS IBS-PI flareup infection help weightless wakinginnight nausea

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Roanna

Roanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:29 AM

Advertisement

Hello

I am almost certainly diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome by my doctor. I developed it after having a bad stomach bug 8 months ago and never really recovered except for a few months at a time.

I am currently having an IBS "attack" and was wondering how long do they usually last for and is it IBS or is it something else. 

I have been eating very plain food if I am eating anything at all as I have no appetite but I feel nauseas after most things or have diarrhoea or semi loose bowel motions.  

I can't seem to keep rice in or rice bubbles (as advised as safe on an IBS help site) and am surviving on 1 piece of bread for most of the day but even with this little food I still have diarrhoea. Some of the food seems to be coming out whole also- rice bubbles. (sorry for the visual....)

I woke up in the night with sore stomach and diarrhoea also. I have lost some weight as well but with little food that might be normal! 

Nausea and back pain are usually my main symptoms. The back pain is gone but nausea still strong! 

What I am really wondering is does this sound like IBS or is it an infection or something else?? I am on day 9 of eating mainly white bread and safe foods. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, IBS-PI, flareup, infection, help, weightless, wakinginnight, nausea

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here