Anyone have experience receiving a chronic lyme disease diagnosis? - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have experience receiving a chronic lyme disease diagnosis?

ibs-c cfs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peppermintandvinegar

peppermintandvinegar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

Advertisement

After suffering from IBS-C for nearly 8 years I started developing symptoms like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My search for what may be causing the combination of symptoms brought me to a doctor who decided that I may have chronic lyme disease. 

To be honest, I don't believe that lyme disease has anything to do with my symptoms. The doctor couldn't really say if my IBS symptoms were actually lyme related. He acknowledged that I could be having fatigue because of a different cause of IBS. Plus, upon closer inspection, my test results don't definitively say that I have chronic lyme disease. 

I'm curious to see if anyone else has a similar story? Did you start out with an IBS diagnosis and then end up with a chronic lyme disease diagnosis? And if you chose to go through treatment, did it help your IBS symptoms?

#2 jjglad

jjglad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:07 PM

I have Lyme and am going thru a more natural treatment called the Cowden Protocol sold by Nutramedix.  I have already dealt with 5 months of CDiff so I could NOT deal with any antibiotic treatment associated with treating Lyme disease.  I just wanted you to know that there are more "natural" treatments for Lyme to try.  It probably takes a little longer, but I have currently been doing this Cowden protocol for a few months.  I have been dealing with Post Infection IBS since the CDiff so the Lyme treatment is not doing anything for my PI-IBS issue.  :(  I sure wish it would.

#3 peppermintandvinegar

peppermintandvinegar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:10 AM

Thanks! I will look into the Cowden protocol. Is it working for you?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-c, cfs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here