Anyone else feels like their anal sphincter is a little fallen/lower/pronounced/firm? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anyone else feels like their anal sphincter is a little fallen/lower/pronounced/firm?

Anus Sphincter Prolapse Intussusception Fallen Lower Firm Ibs-c

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 anonanonski

anonanonski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 May 2016 - 08:24 AM

Advertisement
Is this because it is tense? Sometimes I feel warm sensation.
Does rectal prolapse starts first with the sphincter getting lower or more pronounced?

Thanks!

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

To answer you question, I'm not sure, but it might actually be internal and/or external hemorrhoids. (I thought I had the same thing.)

#3 anonanonski

anonanonski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

To answer you question, I'm not sure, but it might actually be internal and/or external hemorrhoids. (I thought I had the same thing.)

You had the same sensation/feeling?

#4 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

You had the same sensation/feeling?

No, but I had trouble having BM's and from the outside, I could tell. I had both interior and exterior hemorrhoids, stage 3 or 4 (4 is at bad as they get). 

You will probably want to go to a colon/rectal surgeon, see what they think.

#5 anonanonski

anonanonski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

No, but I had trouble having BM's and from the outside, I could tell. I had both interior and exterior hemorrhoids, stage 3 or 4 (4 is at bad as they get). 

You will probably want to go to a colon/rectal surgeon, see what they think.

Why not gastroenterologist?

#6 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

Why not gastroenterologist?

You could do that too but since I was having an anal problem I went to see an anal-type surgeon.

You should definitely get a colonoscopy too, if you haven't had one. If you get put to sleep instead of just on twilight drugs it isn't bad at all. I was out the whole time (they found nothing).

#7 Belikeb4

Belikeb4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:50 AM

I had colonoscopy as well they didn't found nothing but small internal hemmoroids. But now a about year later I still feel the pressure down there and a difficulty having a full bm. I think it might be a combination of things one of them being a weak pelvic floor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anus, Sphincter, Prolapse, Intussusception, Fallen, Lower, Firm, Ibs-c

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here