Vivonex: I'm having second thoughts -- should I stay or should I go? - Diarrhea Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Vivonex: I'm having second thoughts -- should I stay or should I go?

Diarrhea SIBO Vivonex IBSD cramps slow motility constipation dybosis drugs probioticd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kdlark

kdlark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

Advertisement
I have had SIBO for years and managed it with Cipro and Flagyl. I was having more symptoms -- bloating, pain, lack of appetite, loose stools, when an animal bite put me on amoxcillan. I was leery of it because a couple of penicillins pills started the new symptoms, but I read that amoxcillan was used for SIBO and IBS, so I hoped for the best. I did not get it. I had already been presented with Xifaxan, which I hoped would work better, and I waited a month and took it. It was horrible, I became very sick. Since then it has an up and down struggle -- A colonoscopy made me feel better and I thought it was over, only to get much sicker -- I am not sure why. But perhaps I ate too much and not the right thing, or perhaps it just grew back more nasty than before, because the bad out weighed the good I bit the bullet and tried Cipro and Flagyl, but they caused burning agony. I stopped at the doctors orders and there was another C. Diff test, the sixth I've had in the past year -- all negative. The docto says it is highly unlikely that I am even colonized, considering that. I struggled through another 3 months, living on Boost Very High calorie. Things predictably went worse, so I decided to try Vivionex-- hey, the wash out worked didn't it? But now I feel worse after a week and and am wondering if I need to stop before I mess up the balance again. I've got a call in for the doctor, but you know how that goes.
Is it time to stop the Vivonex? How long does it take to kill stuff by not feeding it?

#2 Moises

Moises

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:03 PM

I did two courses of Vivonex separated by a few years. Never did anything for me. Much later I finally did the breath test and it did not confirm that I was positive for SIBO.

#3 kenvh

kenvh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

u felt better on colonscopy bcoz they blow air oxygen in the intestine to travel better with camera in the corners.

the air/oxygen KILLS anaerobic bacterial overgrowth. anaerobic bacteria cant survive in oxygen.

I too had 7 days remission after a scope. I researched on the internet and discovered the anaerobics cant live in air oxygen, so they die.

It wasnt the prep we had to drink before the scope.

I did try take the prep months later for 2 times and it never did a thing!

Its the bacteria that die if they touch oxygen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diarrhea, SIBO, Vivonex, IBSD, cramps, slow motility, constipation, dybosis, drugs, probioticd

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here