Medical tests results for leaky gas - Page 2 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Medical tests results for leaky gas

leaky gas cure surgery prolapse fecal odor intussusception defecography

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 meager

meager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

I've had multiple full body MRIs, negative.

Colonoscopy, negative.

#22 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Just found an article in italian that says diabete may be responbile for lack of anorectal sensitivity and spinchter contraction.

did anyone get tested for diabete? 

The greatest wealth is health”. ― Virgilio 

#23 meager

meager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Nope, but my brother is prediabetic. Worth looking into.

#24 Montesanto

Montesanto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hi All ;) 

I've just had anorectal ultrasound and it didn't show any sphincter damages, the doc said they look "like from a book" but are quite weak, the nervous connections must be however damaged somehow because I just can't squeeze the muscles fully. She suggested problem in the spine. I already had MRI results and the only thing different than normal in my spine is the Tarlov cyst in the sacrum - I'm going back to neurologist to have the pelvic nerves tested. There must be some physical reason to all of this.

Did all of you have your spine tested? I know that the neurologists only recently became interested in Tarlov cyst, till now it was supposed not to give any symptoms but there are now more doctors familiar with this topic. This cyst can also cause problems with sphincters:

https://rarediseases...sts/cases/27316

• Black Hamster and Candide like this

#25 oceanblue141

oceanblue141

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

Hi Montesanto,

I have problem with my posture I.e severe upper back, neck pain. It spoils my mood too. Whenever I do stretching or bridge pose, treepose involving my spine... I get severe pain.
I am not sure but traction physiotherapy might have improved my LG for few days. Not sure 100%. Because i was also on antidepressants(Escitalopram oxalate and Levosulpiride) at that time which definetely helped me.

Keep us updated on your spine thing.

#26 Montesanto

Montesanto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

Oceanblue, I'm going to have the MRI once again as the doc yesterday suggested. She said such problems like ours may be caused by some pressure on nerves by problematic spine. So if any of you didn't check this I think it's something to try. I'm also curious if my cyst is growing, if yes, it is definitely the problem.

Pressure on nerves may also be caused by scars (e.g. after some inflammation) or tense muscles. In our case the sphincters are weaker but they work to some extent, so the nerves are not broken, there should be some way to "free" them. I'm going to have EMG to see how everything works. 

I sometimes get strange feeling in my lower back, the skin sometimes feels a bit numb, sometimes it kind of hurts when I touch that area, and I avoid lying on my back because when I do I feel pressure on my anus and the upper part of buttocks becomes numb. It makes me think the doc was right.

#27 Montesanto

Montesanto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Hi All, 

I found this video on yt about Tarlov cysts - it's a rare disease and it can cause pain and disfunction of bowels and sphincters and only recently medicine acknowledged it can give those sympthoms, so I think anybody with our problem should have MRI of their sacral spine to check. And it's possible to remove the cyst:

#28 Frenchneedyou

Frenchneedyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

Very nice topic dudes !

I will try out first the IBS stuff and look more closely at this stuffs if i still have leaky gas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leaky gas, cure, surgery, prolapse, fecal odor, intussusception, defecography

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here