Need a good Doctor to treat an IBS. - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Need a good Doctor to treat an IBS.

Doctor Treatment Irvine Orange County

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 royy

royy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

I am having all the symptoms of IBS, most of the doctors are not good enough to treat the IBS.

I have been following the instructions of the doctor for a couple of months now, I have been weak and don't have much energy to do anything.

Can someone please let me know names of the good doctors from Orange County Area ?

-Royy

#2 zaljko

zaljko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:31 PM

I've been dealing with full-blown IBS symptoms since 2004 and despite wasting tons of money on doctors (useless), medicines (they take the edge off and nothing else, although even with that there will be times when the symptoms return for literally no reason), therapy (just lol), etc.  Nothing has helped.

Seems that some people gain control over their symptoms as they learn to deal with their psychological problems (i.e. anxiety, depression).  For me there is almost no correlation at all between my anxiety and my symptoms.  Sometimes I have anxiety and I feel great in my stomach, sometimes I feel very happy and I have stomach pain.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.  In any case it's not like talking to someone can cure physical problems anyway so ... yeah.

Hope others can provide you with some help - regardless no treatment is going to be curative so hopefully you can find something that "minimizes symptoms" (our medical systems' favorite phrase). 

#3 Leo41

Leo41

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:47 AM

Yeah man most docs are crap when it comes to IBS. Basically the American Gastro Association tells the docs to treat our symptoms with management drugs, and never dig beyond that. Nevermind those same drugs are now being linked to early onset demensia, and death. 

The only I could recommend would be Dr. Habba in New York. He is literally the only one I know of that will dig and dig to find and fix the root cause of your IBS. It is EXTREMELY sad for us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Doctor, Treatment, Irvine, Orange County

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here