Constipation Remedies? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Constipation Remedies?

Ibs Constipation Bloating Cramping Enema Relief

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrsT15

MrsT15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

Advertisement
Hi,
My Dr recently diagnosed me with ibs, caused by stress because of the on going constipation issues I've been having. I recently did a salt water enema and I felt a thousand times better. I was having regular bm's size and color, the cramping and bloating was gone, and I felt like myself again...Until recently. The Constipation is back, so naturally I tried the enema again, which worked some, but not like the first time. I have been drinking warm water with lemon and salt on an empty stomach for 2 days, I had a tablespoon of olive oil (yuck) miralax, and an apple with peanut butter for breakfast and so far, nothing.

Does anyone have any quick remedies? I'm going camping for the weekend, and I'm horrified of being stuck in the mountains feeling like this :(

One thing I've been wondering, if I hear gurgling sounds, does that mean my constipation is improving?

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11477 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:35 AM

if miralax doesn't work for you and enemas aren't working either, you could try a stimulant laxative like exlax or dulcolax.  or call your doctor and get his/her advice.

we have a thread about constipation remedies:

http://www.ibsgroup....st-of-remedies/

good luck. hope you can find some relief.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 Joan4321

Joan4321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:48 PM

Try a glycerin suppository! If the stool is in the lower part of the colon and if your problem is similar to
Mine (not feeling the urge/colon is used to holding large amounts of stool from years of chronic constipation) than it might help. I have found these to be a lifesaver and they are so easy on the body compared to other laxitives. Also with these; if they eill
Work they will work within 5 min to an hour unlike Miralax (which takes 5 days to kick in for me) so the GS's are worth a shot! Good luck :) i think its best to do one in the AM after a cup
Of coffee or tea (anything hot)

A stimulant laxitive might work for you but I know for myself anytime I use a harsh stimulant like dulcolax I will get everything out and ot works but then After evertging is "flushed out"
I dont have a BM for 5 days! Stimulants dont fix the actual
Problem for me; they leave me wose off from how I started. But everyone is different.

#4 constipatedgirl123

constipatedgirl123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:34 AM

I find squatting and clenching my fists sometimes helps...

#5 No more IBS

No more IBS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

Magnesium Oxide 400 mg. 2-3 times per day will relieve your constipation. If you get diarrhea, back off. Amazing mineral that so many of us our deficient in. Calcium is the antagonist of magnesium, so don't take them together, or they will compete with one another.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs, Constipation, Bloating, Cramping, Enema, Relief

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here