I want to be loved... - Women's Health Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

I want to be loved...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 chicka86

chicka86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

Advertisement

Hi I hope this is the right place to share it... 

I'm almost 30 years old. due to my bowels issues I never was in any relationship and I so want to be in love and be loved but I'm afraid, afraid of being laugh at, during the years I never had a steady job people always made fun of me that made me fall into deep depression. I want to be loved I have so much feelings to give. I wish I could have a normal life.

• Savannah88 likes this

#2 lithium

lithium

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:43 AM

I'm 30 years old too and yes it massively sucks not to be able to do what normal people can.

#3 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

ive had same problem too chicka

#4 Savannah88

Savannah88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

The best bet for me was to just go on dating websites (I met my partner online)  and not mention it until it needs mentioned. No one should be ashamed of a bodily function and if people shame you for it, they aren't worth your time.  I ALWAYS start out looking for friends though, first and foremost.

#5 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hi I hope this is the right place to share it... 

I'm almost 30 years old. due to my bowels issues I never was in any relationship and I so want to be in love and be loved but I'm afraid, afraid of being laugh at, during the years I never had a steady job people always made fun of me that made me fall into deep depression. I want to be loved I have so much feelings to give. I wish I could have a normal life.

try the dating site 

ibsingles.com

#6 Shawna-one

Shawna-one

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

I used to watch a show on TV.  The title was Diagnosis Unknown".  A very good medical mystery show which I thoroughly enjoyed and learned an awful lot.   On one show this lady in her forties had eaten out with friends, and walked back to her rooms which were about a block away.  She suddenly had cramps and diarrhea.  She had never been bothered with it before.  The next time she went out to eat one of the males in the party walked her home and they went a little out of the way to look at at a river or lake nearby.  (she was visiting Paris).  This time the cramps and diarrhea hit her, and she messed all over herself.   The guy married her.  He said he knew what had happened even though it was nighttime, but he continued to date this woman, and they were married.  My husband knew about my condition before we were married and I had a severe attack on my first wedded night.  As one other person said, and I agree..if these people do not understand you have a disease that is uncurable and almost untreatable they are not worth your time of day or anyone elses.   I wanted to tell you about the lady in Paris particulary, because I think the guy was terrific.   Most of what I've learned over the years about IBS I've learned from acquaintances, who when I mention, IBS they say "Oh I have that too".   I met one lady at work who has my identical symptoms and she is the one who recommended the heating pad for the severe cramps I get before I have diarrhea.   Don't give up and tell those people who "make fun" of you where to stick it- and I don't mean their ear.

• thommepips likes this

#7 chicka86

chicka86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:18 AM

I'm a female btw. Thanks for your replies 

#8 Moreaux

Moreaux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

Omg - your post makes me so sad. I am so sorry you have had to live this way. I am hugely embarrassed by my IBS issues, but it never once crossed my mind that I would be made fun of for it. Whenever it has been necessary, I have told people. please do t isolate yourself because of this, people will understand, I promise. As for the people that have made fun of you for it, they are not worth your time. It sounds like they have mental health issues. I could not image adults behaving this way. Do not let IBS lower your self confidence - it is an illness you cannot control, it is not a moral failing or a character defect. When you feel well, go out and meet people. You will eventually find love, and when you do that person will understand and accept that you have this condition, and it will not be used as a source of entertainment or ridicule.

Hugs! You deserve so much better!
  • Patrick ibs c, MaroonGirl and thommepips like this

#9 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

yep ignore them

• MaroonGirl likes this

#10 Alida Wagner

Alida Wagner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with this. But please know that you are perfect and special just the way you are. It sounds silly but maybe try some affirmations. It feels weird at first, but if you keep doing it you'll find something will start to change. Maybe something like "I'm worthy of love and I love myself and the perfect person is waiting for me to find them". You have to love yourself before you can expect someone else to love you back. Your illness does not define you as a person.

#11 helldell

helldell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:57 PM

There is nothing to panic. Diseases are common to man. If someone truly loves you, then these all doesn't matter. I don't think IBS is a serious disease. It cannot be called a disease, rather it is a condition. You will definitely get a true partner who loves you deeply. All the best. :)

• MaroonGirl likes this

#12 Poopiex

Poopiex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:44 PM

I'm a little late, but you shouldn't be embarrassed over what we and so many other people have. I had a really really really bad episode on my FIRST ever Valentine's Day with my husband. We were only dating for a few months when disaster struck. Actually, it was sooo bad we were about an hour away from home stuck in traffic and I ended up pooping in his car and left a trail from the car to the bathroom when we finally got home. LOL!! Talk about most embarrassing day ever for me. If you're with a good person who is truly interested in you and really loves you, there's nothing to worry about. Guess who cleaned up the mess while I was dying in the bathroom lol? He did! And the worst part is that it happened to me again the next Valentine's Day again! Not as bad though I had time to get to the bathroom this time lol!
  • gassy gas and MaroonGirl like this

#13 KellyPa78

KellyPa78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hi, I really found it surprising and uplifting to see a recent wave of people showing off their colostomy bags on social media. Like facebook and instantgram. They were young, fit and most of all... confident and happy. It made me reconsider my lot and reconsider whenever I get down. I really don't have it bad compared to them. But even if you have it bad, it gives you confidence that there are other people not embarassed by it and embracing it :) I wish you happiness :)

#14 dailybetterme

dailybetterme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:25 PM

Forget about it, I really isn't that big a deal. I've never thought of it as  deal breaker. I wanted to share my story an hopefully give you hope. I was with someone 21 years and never thought of my IBS as an issue. He was handsome, successful and an alcoholic in recovery until year 20 when he relapsed, cheated with my girlfriend, I left and they are now married. I dated again, no thought to my IBS, then friends called and their boss (God is good) wanted to go kayaking. AWESOME man, we've been together since, now 7 years. I have always been sensitive about bathroom issues so I have a rule that when one of us has to go the TV goes on...I don't want to hear him in the bathroom (he's fine) and vice versa...I guess it's given me space (privacy). He knows my belly hurts and has found a restroom for me on many a drive and the same thing has happened to him, just rarely...we're all human.. We've planned a romantic, champagne pm so I at very little FODMAP food for dinner. He knows when I say my belly hurts-no romance. I was happy when I heard Kelly Rippa and guest say "He knows if I don't just have a salad forget about it". Don't limit yourself. Go for it, be open. I heard someone say days ago Im successful because you cant embarrass me...I am who I am and if you don't like me...oh well cuz I do. 

• MaroonGirl, KellyPa78 and thommepips like this

#15 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:54 AM

I like that saying and I think it's true.. it all starts with loving ourselves and knowing our worth. Being confident can change so much.
Dealing with all this has definitely been a mind [email protected] I question what is right and wrong in relationships then think of "well if i wasn't sick would I feel differently". I sometimes don't know if I'm hoping/seeking for too much empathy or understanding when we all know if you don't have it it's so hard to understand. I often feel like im looking for something that may just be unattainable..

#16 Savannah88

Savannah88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:51 AM

First of all, if anyone wants to chat or vent feel free to message me. The thing is-Don't mention it on dating sites, its not really a big deal. If someone truly loves you, they will understand. Yes, people do suck unfortunately when it comes to being judgemental, however do not give up or lose hope. I met someone last year on a dating website, I made ZERO mention of IBS until the relationship got serious, and it didn't matter to them. While the world isn't always fair, if you put the effort in I guarantee you won't be lonely.

• Patrick ibs c and MaroonGirl like this

#17 MaroonGirl

MaroonGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

Yes, IBS is a debilitating issue, more so for some than for others. I know for me it has been my worst enemy. People at work or my previous dates couldn't tell I was in pain. I feel you OP, you want someone to love you for who you are. It is hard with the current datng "norms" in the west to find someone who is looking for a deep connection and will love you despite your "illness". But let me tell you, if someone walks away in the time of need or just because you have a health issue, TO HELL WITH THEM. I repeat, to hell with them!!! What kind of a human being would do such a thing? Think about it. If you really care about someone, would you leave them to feel like crap because they have IBS? I know the answer- NO.

If they want to leave, you should show them just where the door is.

I have been through this. But there are good guys out there and you have to take a leap of faith, if you are feeling better, go out and meet people. Keep trying until you find someone who loves you. If it doesn't happen, so be it. But never ever for a second think that the problem is with you. The problem is with the selfish, self-centered society that we will live in where majority of the human race have minimal or no compassion.

Most young people have not been through what you and I have been through. Being a straight female, I have seen my share of selfish staright young "boys". I won't call them "men". When someone has been through things in life, it makes them more empathetic. Well, I think so anyway.

Do not give up and do NOT doubt your worth. 

• Patrick ibs c and thommepips like this

#18 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:52 AM

Yes, IBS is a debilitating issue, more so for some than for others. I know for me it has been my worst enemy. People at work or my previous dates couldn't tell I was in pain. I feel you OP, you want someone to love you for who you are. It is hard with the current datng "norms" in the west to find someone who is looking for a deep connection and will love you despite your "illness". But let me tell you, if someone walks away in the time of need or just because you have a health issue, TO HELL WITH THEM. I repeat, to hell with them!!! What kind of a human being would do such a thing? Think about it. If you really care about someone, would you leave them to feel like crap because they have IBS? I know the answer- NO.

If they want to leave, you should show them just where the door is.

I have been through this. But there are good guys out there and you have to take a leap of faith, if you are feeling better, go out and meet people. Keep trying until you find someone who loves you. If it doesn't happen, so be it. But never ever for a second think that the problem is with you. The problem is with the selfish, self-centered society that we will live in where majority of the human race have minimal or no compassion.

Most young people have not been through what you and I have been through. Being a straight female, I have seen my share of selfish staright young "boys". I won't call them "men". When someone has been through things in life, it makes them more empathetic. Well, I think so anyway.

Do not give up and do NOT doubt your worth. 

i wish more females were as understanding as you about guys having ibs-c

#19 pukka

pukka

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

I was officially diagnosed with IBS C at 35 ( although I have been suffering since I was 18). I never let IBS C get in the way of my life. I found love, married, became a mom, finished my masters degree, worked in a high pressure industry, traveled the world and am still working at 51. Don't get me wrong I have had some really bad days where I did not go to work,  but overall I have managed. You can too!!!! Take you medication and just live your life. I don't worry if I have to go to the bathroom a lot. Your too young to not share your love with the world!!!! If you need to take anti depressants take them. Zoloft  is great for IBS. If you have trouble having an orgasm on Zoloft then stop taking it 2 days before the event (takes planing but it can be done). Darling, its not a death sentence!! Go get your love on!!!!

#20 AlisonfromSickofIBS

AlisonfromSickofIBS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hi Chicka,

I would say two things;

The first is that there a huge number of people out there who have something about themselves that they find unlovable. They may have IBS, they may have something else, they may be divorced, sterile, have a wart on their nose, a hairy body, find themselves too fat, too thin, or not tall, pretty, rich, successful enough.

So although you may feel you are alone, in reality you are one of millions out there, all worried about how others will see them. And you will be able to understand them so much better as a result. By the time you get to 30, I think you are in a much better position to find love, real lasting love. Everyone has got over the rose-tinted perfect love story. Real life is less glamorous - but it is real - not some cardboard cut-out.

So be confident that you are loveable, and that what you feel is your shortcoming could be very reassuring for someone else.

The first night I spent with my partner I woke up to find I had a major accident on the bedsheets. I said I would clean it up later as I was late for work. When I got back the sheets had been laundered and changed. We have been married for 20 years. (And we had better continue. No-one else would marry us!)

So go for it! I hope this brings you luck, love and happiness in 2017,

Alison

PS: I had IBS for over 25 years and I have beaten it. You may find some stuff on my Sick of IBS blog useful.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here