I want to be loved... - Page 2 - Women's Health Issues - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

I want to be loved...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Thomme

Thomme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

Maybe the reason we all wound up together here on this online community is because we all share your sentiment Chicka! I too want to be loved, really really badly! And sadly, I am going through a break-up and having my first bad IBS flare since the turmoil between my boyfriend and I began. And guess what? IT SUCKS. My coping threshold, which normally is moderately bad anyway when it comes to gut symptoms, is now AWFUL and all I want to do is scream. Where is the man who I thought loved me? And, YES, amidst the pain and isolation Chicka I feel completely unlovable.

Here's the silver lining. Right now, I am struggling to love myself. The pain in my bowels is making it way too hard to be compassionate toward my inner spirit. But my inner spirit is still there. And it is able to love from afar. So, I am offering it to this online community. For every time you have hated your body and found yourself unlovable because your symptoms are clouding your judgement, hear this: there is an inner spirit within you that is bigger than your pain and shame. And there are inner spirits trapped in bodies struggling with IBS across the planet that want you to love yourself anyway. Or the very least, acknowledge that you are in every single way as lovable as the next person. You are lovable. More so, you are loved. Fight for it. Don't believe the lies your symptoms trick you into believing. Acknowledge your symptoms, but ride them out. You are bigger than they are. 

I'm riding right alongside you. 

#22 snailee

snailee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:52 AM

*sighs* It sucks not to be able to mingle because of a health condition.

#23 flankking

flankking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:55 AM

I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with this. But please know that you are perfect and special just the way you are. It sounds silly but maybe try some affirmations. It feels weird at first, but if you keep doing it you'll find something will start to change. Maybe something like "I'm worthy of love and I love myself and the perfect person is waiting for me to find them". You have to love yourself before you can expect someone else to love you back. Your illness does not define you as a person.

I love what you said, it's perfect! I agree that you should love yourself before expecting someone to love you back. Somebody will accept you for who you are and there is no need for pretensions

#24 Positiveside

Positiveside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:51 PM

Indeed. It is more than enough to love ourselves healthily and happily. Remember, "a healthy body equals a healthy mind."

• sarahavery likes this

#25 sarahavery

sarahavery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:40 AM

Indeed. It is more than enough to love ourselves healthily and happily. Remember, "a healthy body equals a healthy mind."

I totally agree. So true

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here