Eating While Travelling with IBS - Traveling with a Health Condition - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Eating While Travelling with IBS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hengest1

hengest1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

Advertisement

Hello all,

I have both IBS-D and lactose intolerance (fun combo!), and have to travel a LOT, which means I've had to learn how to manage traveling fairly quickly. The one problem I have is eating while traveling. Staying somewhere for a prolonged time without having access to a kitchen really messes with my digestion. Even if I try my best to stick to my diet, I end up eating too many greasy meals and too many 'mystery' meals (in terms of dairy content), not to mention that eating at regular times can be a problem. No matter how careful I try to be, my digestion always goes haywire by the end of the trip.

One obvious solution is to stay at an AirBnB that has a kitchen, but cooking /all/ my own meals while traveling is not always logistically possible - and if I'm staying with a friend, that can be imposing/rude. 

I was wondering if anyone had any creative ideas about how to deal with this? This is obviously not the worst problem when it comes to traveling with our condition, but still one I'd love to learn how to deal with! 

Thanks! 

#2 masonmartin

masonmartin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:48 AM

Hi, I think you can try these tips, I hope it will helpful for you:
1.Experiment with fiber. Fiber helps reduce constipation but also can worsen gas and cramping. 
2.Use Heat. Westend61 / Getty Images.
3.Sip a Soothing Tea. ...
4.Avoid problem foods. Eliminate foods that trigger your symptoms.
5.Eat at regular times. Don't skip meals, and try to eat at about the same time each day to help regulate bowel function.
6.Take a Probiotic Supplement. ...
7.Keep a Food Diary. ...
8.Learn What You Can and Can't Eat. ..
9.Exercise regularly.
I hope these may help you find some relief from the everyday pains of IBS. And also you can try a natural home remedy for flatulence and bloating, I have heard and seen in youtube videos, these tablets work and can reduce the smelly flatulence and bloating. You can search for flatuscents on google.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here