Exclusion diet - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Exclusion diet

Diet exclusion diet ibs d

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Geodrake

Geodrake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

Advertisement
Hi I'm having worst flare up of IBS D that I've had for years. Been wheat and meat free for years which helped. Now I'm doing an exclusion diet, surviving on boiled white rice (brown or wholegrain rice does bad things to me), spinach, white fish,rice, vegan nutritional yeast and almond milk plus gf certified oats. Oh, and bananas. I hate bananas but they don't hurt much to eat. This is my third week, D is decreased significantly which I put down to cutting out dairy (hope I'm wrong on that) and little protein or fat consumed. Still get dome urgent/loose movements. Losing weight which isn't a good thing for me as I'm already underweight. NHS dietician I saw a couple of times in the past advised me to eat more protein and dairy. Not the best advice for someone with IBS. Pain is lowered, not in agony 24/7 thanks goodness but still get bouts of severe pain. Yesterday I had to eat gf df bread (plain,no spread or anything on it) for lunch and boy did I hurt soon after. Even considered going to A&E to get some nuclear strength pain killers. Of course, the bread contained maize,soya and egg. Wondering what to do next, getting absolutely no help from GP, waiting for a GI consultant appointment, since April! Had all the blood tests and biopsy/colonoscopy back in 2005 which revealed nothing out of the ordinary - leading to diagnosis of IBS, plus some fancy term I can't remember that means my digestive transit is naturally too fast. Can't continue on this diet forever as it doesn't give me the energy I need for work or fatherhood. Can't eat pulses or beans as they destroy me with painful gas. Acidic fruit and tomatoes seem to be bad for me too. Low income also makes it difficult to eat all the more expensive health/fresh goods often recommended. When should I try reintroducing dairy,egg etc? Had egg a couple of weeks ago and man it felt like my insides were being torn out the next day. Wish I could give up eating completely for life to be honest. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks :-)

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:12 AM

Did you soak your beans before cooking?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diet exclusion diet, ibs d

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here