Undiagnosed Abdominal/Pelvic Pain - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Undiagnosed Abdominal/Pelvic Pain

abdominal pain pelvic pain gas bloating fatigue no help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sydney Rose

Sydney Rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

Advertisement

Hello, my name is Sydney, I am 20 years old, and suffer from chronic abdominal and pelvic pain. I have been through the ringer with abdominal medical testing (colonoscopy, endoscopy, gastric emptying, colon biopsy, barium enema, manometry, and so on...) which has still left me with no answers because all the tests showed up normal. I am just now seeing a gynecologist and they are going to do further testing, but I am very skeptical that they can help me at all because I have had no luck with doctors. Here is what happens: I have abdominal pain, fullness, tightness, and trapped gas most or almost every second of my life. I have dealt with my constipation by taking OxyPowder and using a SquattyPotty, but I still experience pain. I experience pelvic and urinary pain often. The pelvic pain is hell for about 10 days before my period, eases up slightly, and then returns halfway through my period, where an occasional trip to the ER is made because the pain leaves me screaming/crying. I have pain in my pelvis when I defecate, so thank god for the squatty potty or I wouldn't be able to push anything out at all. When ever I have a BM, I experience cramping, incomplete movement, and pain afterwards. I feel fatigued and just plain tired all the time (not how a 20 year old who is overall very healthy, should feel). I had a cyst on my ovary when I was younger, and started my cycle very late. Don't know if that factors in at all. Living in pain everyday makes it very difficult to be happy, but I manage because I have support. Eating is almost 85-90% of the time accompanied with pain. Before you ask, yes, I have been through the ringer with food allergies, and have avoided foods throughout my life. Done the fodmaps, went paleo/whole food, I take vitamins, do yoga, walk/jog, and was a vegetarian for years but had to add meat in my diet to help me go and have some energy. If anyone has any suggestions, I really appreciate it. You can also email me at [email protected]

Thank you,

Sydney 

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10165 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

so sorry about all your pain.   living with chronic pain like that can be very difficult.

i don't know if this will be of any help to you but you mentioned incomplete bowel movements. have you been tested for pelvic floor dysfunction?   with pfd, the pelvic floor muscles do not  coordinate and/or relax properly to allow easy passage of stool. ineffective pelvic floor muscle coordination results in inadequate relaxation of the pelvic floor while attempting to have a BM. the puborectalis muscle tightens and contracts when it is supposed to relax to allow passage of stool.  

http://my.clevelandc...oor_dysfunction

a defecatory proctogram  (defecography)  test will show if you have pfd as well as reveal if you have any other outlet problems like a rectocele, vaginal prolapse, rectal prolapse, etc. an anal manometry also helps diagnose pelvic floor problems.

biofeedback and physical therapy can be effective in correcting pfd.

there is also a book called "  A Headache in the Pelvis" by David Wise and Rodney Anderson which i hear is an excellent book for  those with pelvic pain.  it's available on amazon and elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/0972775552

i do hope that somehow you can find some relief. take care,

• jaumeb likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:42 AM

I read the book recommended by Annie back in 2013. I get the feeling that there are many things that you can try, although there is no guarantee that they will solve your problem.
  • annie7 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abdominal pain, pelvic pain, gas, bloating, fatigue, no help

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here