NY Times article on fecal transplants-- mentions IBS - IBS News, Media, Research Results, Discussion or Abstracts - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

NY Times article on fecal transplants-- mentions IBS

fecal transplants c. difficil

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 classicalmusicfan

classicalmusicfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Advertisement

Fecal Transplants Can Be Life-Saving, but How?

Edited by annie7, 16 July 2016 - 05:20 PM.
violation of copyright laws

#2 Moises

Moises

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for posting this. I had already read the Times today but, somehow, missed this article. I also found it noteworthy that they mentioned archaea, which, purportedly, are the source of the methane emitted by some of us with SIBO.

I do wonder whether it is appropriate to copy and paste the entire article rather than merely the link. I really don´t know what the policy of this forum is on that.

• annie7 likes this

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9156 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Classicalmusicfan--

thanks for the link to the article--very informative.  i had to edit your post, though, because of copyright laws.

Moises is right. we really do have to be care about copyright violations here on the board.

Copyrighted material must not be included in postings, but you may provide a link to the original source. In fact, whether or not it's copyrighted, if an article is already present on the web, you should post only a link instead of copying its full text--or even part of the text. quoting one sentence from the article is fine but quoting any more could put us in violation of copyright laws.

posting copyrighted material is a violation of the terms of service that we all agree to when we sign up on the board.

so (if we catch it) we have to  edit posts when someone posts more than one sentence because of the reasons stated above. . 

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#4 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for posting this. I had already read the Times today but, somehow, missed this article. I also found it noteworthy that they mentioned archaea, which, purportedly, are the source of the methane emitted by some of us with SIBO.

I do wonder whether it is appropriate to copy and paste the entire article rather than merely the link. I really don´t know what the policy of this forum is on that.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here