undiagnosed abdominal and pelvic pain suffering daily - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

undiagnosed abdominal and pelvic pain suffering daily

abdominal pain bloating gas fatigue pelvic pain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sydney Rose

Sydney Rose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:27 PM

Advertisement

Hello, my name is Sydney, I am 20 years old, and suffer from chronic abdominal and pelvic pain. I have been through the ringer with abdominal medical testing (colonoscopy, endoscopy, gastric emptying, colon biopsy, barium enema, manometry, and so on...) which has still left me with no answers because all the tests showed up normal. I am just now seeing a gynecologist and they are going to do further testing, but I am very skeptical that they can help me at all because I have had no luck with doctors. Here is what happens: I have abdominal pain, fullness, tightness, and trapped gas most or almost every second of my life. I have dealt with my constipation by taking OxyPowder and using a SquattyPotty, but I still experience pain. I experience pelvic and urinary pain often. The pelvic pain is hell for about 10 days before my period, eases up slightly, and then returns halfway through my period, where an occasional trip to the ER is made because the pain leaves me screaming/crying. I have pain in my pelvis when I defecate, so thank god for the squatty potty or I wouldn't be able to push anything out at all. I have pain in my pelvis most times after intercourse. When ever I have a BM, I experience cramping, incomplete movement, and pain afterwards. I feel fatigued and just plain tired all the time (not how a 20 year old who is overall very healthy, should feel). I had a cyst on my ovary when I was younger, and started my cycle very late. Don't know if that factors in at all. Living in pain everyday makes it very difficult to be happy, but I manage because I have support. Eating is almost 85-90% of the time accompanied with pain. Before you ask, yes, I have been through the ringer with food allergies, and have avoided foods throughout my life. Done the fodmaps, went paleo/whole food, I take vitamins, do yoga, walk/jog, and was a vegetarian for years but had to add meat in my diet to help me go and have some energy. If anyone has any suggestions, I really appreciate it. 

Thank you,

Sydney 

#2 SamanthaK

SamanthaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

My doctor is starting hormone therapy since my symptoms go with my cycle. I also take BuSpar which helps manage the pain. Keep tracking your symptoms and see your obgyn. Good luck!

#3 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

In my case I use a diet of quinoa, buckwheat, etc.

#4 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

I was told by someone who has experienced endometriosis cells migrating to her digestive track.

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#5 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9942 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

I was told by someone who has experienced endometriosis cells migrating to her digestive track.

i had that happen, too--endometriosis cells migrated to my colon and appendix.   i found that out when i had my right hemicolectomy.  it was on the pathology report. 

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#6 Jaml

Jaml

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

Sydney, I just came across your posting which is over a year old. And I rarely respond to anything but sincerely hope you get this message. Maybe you have already discovered your answer...I do hope so because that is a long time to suffer with no answer. In my case, I was blessed with very informed physicians. Your symptoms sound very much like INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS which is a bladder disease in which the bladder lining is eroded resulting in persistent INFLAMMATION ---NOT infection, so Antibiotics do nothing. Please find an Urologist specializing in feminine issues and specifically Interstitial Cystitis. It may sound like there is little connection with some of your symptoms, but I/C causes chronic bloating, cramping,abdominal, pelvic, and even rectal pain. Even thru backs of the thighs. Also, look it up on internet for wonderful websites and forums offering advice.
Best of luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abdominal pain, bloating, gas, fatigue, pelvic pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here