Fruit Juices on Low FODMAPS? - Diet - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Fruit Juices on Low FODMAPS?

fodmaps juice psyllium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skit

skit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Advertisement

Hi All,

I am doing strict low Fodmaps. Just started a few days ago. But I have a predicament: I have to take psyllium fiber (Konsyl) 2 or 3 times a day, via shaker cup with fruit juice to mix it in. What juices can I use which would be Fodmaps safe? Or, what other liquids could I consider trying as a substitute? 

Many Thanks.

#2 skit

skit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

By the way, I have to do the psyllium fiber or I won't get bowel evacuation (and much of the time it doesn't happen even with the fiber use sad.png  ).

#3 Shaylu

Shaylu

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

Ground flax seed also help clear the bowel out and you get omega 3 in the process.

Add either flax or psyllium to smoothies, shakes.

Can also use 1/4 glass of juice and top up with water.

Coconut water.

Milk...dairy or non dairy.

#4 skit

skit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:51 PM

Can also use 1/4 glass of juice and top up with water.

Thanks, Shaylu... the 1/4 juice topped off with water is actually what I've been doing for years, but I wonder if there are any particular fruit juice varieties that I should completely avoid? 

#5 Arths

Arths

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

You could try some plant-based milks like rice milk, but not all of them are FODMAP safely. You must check on the web first. Also, if You'll buying these kind of milk and not making it by yourself check the ingredients. Some of them have added FODMAP content.

If You like it more sweet then might add some pure stevia extract.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fodmaps, juice, psyllium

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here