Low-dose Naltrexone (LDN) for IBS and other chronic digestive diseases - Over-the-Counter (OTC) Treatments - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Low-dose Naltrexone (LDN) for IBS and other chronic digestive diseases

LDN low-dose naltrexone IBS cure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arths

Arths

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

Advertisement

Low-dose Naltrexone might be cheap cure for many IBS suferer. It also shows effectiveness with chronic digestive diseases like Celiac Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Crohn's Disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis etc.

http://www.lowdosena...been_useful_for

I was encouraged to try this therapy by trustworthy physician. I'll try it after I finish CBD therapy. It's way cheaper than CBD oils.
Has someone here tried LDN therapy?

• Raw015 likes this

#2 terrykeithsmom

terrykeithsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

I'm surprised that nobody else has replied to this.  I've been researching low dose Naltrexone.  (I just need a doctor willing to prescribe it)   My analrectal manometry test showed an extreme amount of pressure and very overly active nerve endings in the rectum.  If naltrexone helps with MS to calm down over reactive nerve endings, I'm wondering if it would help.

Let me know how you make out with it!

#3 bungeedog

bungeedog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:19 PM

I have used it - I'm having a plethora of other problems and it was not "The Answer" but it was a surprising help to me.  

I used it after a fairly fruitless trial of xifaxan which has worked for me for years - I used it about 3x year and it would let me function for 3 to 4 months. The last time not so much.  Naltrexone made things work again - sort of - but I wasn't "normal" - as in daily without a problem. It was a big improvement though, and if you have not tried it you should.  

I was someone normal on Zelnorm (like everyone else practically) and I'm considering going to Canada to get Resolor.  It's ridiculous that we can't get it here. 

My health care person said a lactose challenge was really needed for anything SIBO related to determine which combination of drugs to use to reset the bacteria. She also mentioned potato starch as a way to feed the "good" bacteria after antibiotic treatment.  

#4 Raw015

Raw015

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

Low-dose Naltrexone might be cheap cure for many IBS suferer. It also shows effectiveness with chronic digestive diseases like Celiac Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Crohn's Disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis etc.

http://www.lowdosena...been_useful_for

I was encouraged to try this therapy by trustworthy physician. I'll try it after I finish CBD therapy. It's way cheaper than CBD oils.
Has someone here tried LDN therapy?

have you tried it yet? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LDN, low-dose, naltrexone, IBS, cure

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here