Mutaflor works but with weird side effects - Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Mutaflor works but with weird side effects

mutaflor fatigue brain fog joint pain muscle weakness muscle pain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 irritable bitch syndrome

irritable bitch syndrome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:54 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

Not sure wether to post this here or in the OTC meds section with Mutaflor being either one depending on the country but here goes!

So I've recently started taking Mutaflor for IBS-D and it is doing wonders for my digestion but I'm having some odd side effects. The first few days I experienced mild stomach pain, gut noises and gas as well as a nasty headache, all of which subsided around the third day of treatment. But what concerns me is that I'm also having fatigue, brain fog, muscle pain and muscle weakness and joint pain and these symptoms were not listed as possible adverse affects and I cannot find any mention of anybody experiencing anything similar while on Mutaflor when I was searching the internet.

So I was wondering if anybody here has tried Mutaflor and maybe experienced the same symptoms and if they subsided with continuation of treatment?

• Geniebird likes this

#2 Geniebird

Geniebird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:48 AM

I'm so relieved to see these posts.  I was beginning to think I had something else going on, too.

I've only been taking Mutaflor for a few days and the nausea is awful (even though I still have an appetite) and I feel exhausted and have brain fog.  It seems they are quite common symptoms.

I'll persevere, but just wanted reassurance I guess, that others are experiencing (of have experienced) the same symptoms.

Hope it works and I hope the symptoms will abate.

I did find in the list of ingredients that it contains Bees Wax.  I do have a fructose intolerance (quite severe) and find that honey gives me symptoms of nausea and fatigue.  I wonder if the bees wax would do that, too.  Must ask my doctor on Wednesday.  Already asked my naturopath, just waiting for an answer from her.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mutaflor, fatigue, brain fog, joint pain, muscle weakness, muscle pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here