IBS and running - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS and running

Ibs Running Low FODMAP Diarrhea

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Emily_suzanne

Emily_suzanne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

Advertisement
Hey, I was recently diagnosed with IBS-D and am taking various medications and attempting the low FODMAP diet. As long as I stick to low fodmaps and take my medication religiously my symptoms are bearable. However, I am also a long distance runner and have been having trouble finding a post run drink to replace electrolytes. Gatorade and coconut water make me instantaneously bloated, crampy and extremely sick. Does anyone have any suggestions for electrolyte replacements that don't bother their symptoms??? I'm desperate and will try anything. Thank you!

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9561 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

have you tried pedialyte? 

or you could try making your own . google "homemade electrolyte replacement solution"  for some recipes. 

good luck. hope you find something that helps.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs, Running, Low FODMAP, Diarrhea

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here