data breach notice - Website Help - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

data breach notice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kc99

kc99

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

Advertisement

So, I'm probably a little late to get to this, but I just noticed today the notice regarding the data breach.  Has anyone obtained more information about this?  There was a comment about various kinds of information being posted online somewhere.    Here's one news story I've been reading about it: http://www.zdnet.com...-sports-forums/

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:25 AM

thanks for posting the link to the article about the breach.

sorry but VerticleScope has not given me any additional information about this. the only info i got was the notice that everyone else got, telling people to change their password and explaining how to contact VerticalScope etc.

http://www.verticals...ata-breach.html

if they tell me anything more about it, i'll be sure and post it.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:53 PM

If you haven't done so already change your password and also any password that uses the same password here.

#4 kc99

kc99

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

OK, thanks for the replies, everyone.  It will be interesting to see if any additional information becomes available.

#5 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

It was reported late last year (2017) that it happened again:

'2nd Breach at Verticalscope Impacts Millions'

https://krebsonsecur...lscope-impacts/

Once again, if you haven't done so already change your password here and also any password that uses the same password as this website.

• annie7 likes this

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:15 PM

thanks, Flossy, for reporting this and also for the great password advice!

• flossy likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#7 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

thanks, Flossy, for reporting this and also for the great password advice!

You're welcome.

Never use the same password for different websites. What hackers will sometimes do if they get someone else's password & email address is "fish" other popular websites, and if it is a one that accepts both, well, then you may very well have problems, like unwanted charges on your credit card(s). ohmy.png mad.gif sad.png

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here