Can Rectal Prolapse rectopexy surgery cause lower back pain and pulling pain on BM? - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Can Rectal Prolapse rectopexy surgery cause lower back pain and pulling pain on BM?

rectal prolapse rectopexy prolapse prolapse surgery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

Advertisement

I am one week post operation for abdominal rectal prolapse surgery, using mesh, done using arthroscopic surgery.

I am having extremely bad lower back pain. Is this low back ache normal for recovery and, if so, how long will it last? I also feel like I can not bear down at all to have a bowel movement. If I try to use the bathroom and push even a little, it hurts so badly and feels like the stitches inside my body are pulling and it scares me to push at all.

Is all this normal for a week after this surgery? Much appreciate to all who reply.

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10563 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:11 AM

please call your surgeon's office and ask them your questions.  they are the best source of information since they know your personal health history, what exactly went on during surgery etc. .

i've had several bowel surgeries in the past year and my surgeons always tell me to give them a call if i have any questions whatsoever  or are having any post op problems.  i've done that and they've been a tremendous help.

hope you feel better soon and that your recovery gets better.  take good care.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 marleyma

marleyma

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 August 2016 - 04:40 AM

I agree with annie. I had that surgery but back pain was not an issue for me.

#4 MommyLyssa

MommyLyssa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

I am 3 weeks post sutured rectopexy and experiencing same pain as original poster. Has anyone experienced the same? I can't have a bm because it is too painful to even try to push. Please help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rectal prolapse, rectopexy, prolapse, prolapse surgery

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here