Change my username - Website Help - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Change my username

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 frantic1980

frantic1980

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Advertisement

Hey there, 

Please could I have my username changed and all references to my username changed? I'm showing up on google as the first hit.  Even though I use the same username on my blog and stackoverflow - for my career.  

IBS is very much a thing of my past - I don't want it to be the first hit on google for people who search me.  People have also referred to my post/username.  Can the username be changed and all the references changed too?

I would be happy to make a financial contribution to the site if it helps!!!

Thanks,

Kevin

• bettyjones likes this

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10529 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:49 AM

yes, i can change it . i replied to your  PM about this, explaining your options..

• TooMuchPain likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

I would like to change my username also please.  I still have IBS but am improving and would like to change my username.

thank you!

TooMuchPain

[email protected]

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10529 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:50 AM

Hi

i sent your a PM about how to do this.  

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 overt

overt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hi, Kevin!

First of all, please excuse me for disturbing you with my message here on this thread, but I couldn't find any other way to ask you on that important topic because it had been locked since 2009 and I couldn't find your recent activity here besides this one. And it's forbidden to send you a private message. I'm really happy with your success and your success gives me great hope! 

You said once that "The National Health Service here in the UK is so stuck behind the times" - you wouldn't believe how much it is stuck behind the times in Russia! But it's free here and gives people basic medical care which is not perfect but it's enough for severe cases. Unfortunately, our medics don't know anything about SIBO and don't want to know. As I realize now I have been suffering SIBO since I was a child or even a baby. By the way, I couldn't find how you got SIBO. Now I'm 35 and nobody told me what it really was. I'm a software developer and I got made redundant from my job 5 years ago because my eyes got hurt from infection and no antibiotic drops could help much. Later I helped myself with a diet (no doctor would believe that) and with some treatments from Ayurvedic, but I couldn't fully solve my problem. I can only keep a relatively good condition and now I can work again but only for 3-5 hour a day. That's is the reason why I'm here and I want to ask you if you mind against questions, which, I'm sure are important for many people suffering from SIBO?

I guess this could be an annoying question but I can't help asking it. How is it going now? Hope everything is fine since then.

To Community Managers:
I'm very sorry for being off topic here but, please, do not delete this message. I hope Kevin will be able to read it.

Hey there, 

Please could I have my username changed and all references to my username changed? I'm showing up on google as the first hit.  Even though I use the same username on my blog and stackoverflow - for my career.  

IBS is very much a thing of my past - I don't want it to be the first hit on google for people who search me.  People have also referred to my post/username.  Can the username be changed and all the references changed too?

I would be happy to make a financial contribution to the site if it helps!!!

Thanks,

Kevin

#6 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

I also want to change my username. Would be really grateful if can be instructed.

#7 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10529 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

sent you a PM.

#8 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10529 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

instructions to anyone who wants to change their user name:

you can change your user name by signing up (registering again) under your new name--whatever you want it to be.

then PM me  to let me know that you've done this and what your new name is and then i can merge your old name with your new one, which will eliminate the old name. this will change the name on all your previous posts as well.

or--if you don't want your name changed on all your posts and you want them deleted instead, i can do that, too. just let me know.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here