Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:31 PM
Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:13 PM
I'm sorry. I'm screwed, too. You have any idea at all what might have made your symptoms improve and why it went wrong again? tc
Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:56 AM
It's happened to me, too! My symptoms went away for a few months and then returned, even worse than from before. I call these "flare-ups" but some people call them lapses/relapses. It's when IBS symptoms disappear for a period of time, but then they return at a later time. I'm sure it's just a temporary flare-up since your symptoms have disappeared before.
Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:51 PM
It could also be the different foods that you're eating that your system may not be used to.
Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:49 AM
- Breads and cereals made with refined (not whole) grains
- Processed foods such as chips and cookies
- Coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol
- High-protein diets
- Dairy products, especially cheese
- Too much fiber, especially the insoluble kind you get in the skin offruits and vegetables
- Food and drinks with chocolate, alcohol, caffeine, fructose, or sorbitol
- Carbonated drinks
- Large meals
- Fried and fatty foods
- Dairy products, especially in people who can’t digest the milk sugar lactose, called lactose intolerance
- Foods with wheat for people who are allergic to or have a bad reaction to gluten.