Rifaximin and Questran at the same time? - Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Rifaximin and Questran at the same time?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kezza11

Kezza11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:04 AM

Advertisement
Hi there, I was wondering if Rifaximin requires the 4 hour separation from Questran?

I've been having moderate success with Questran and Nortriptyline and I know to wait 4 hours after taking the questran before taking the Nortriptyline.

After seeing a new GI and being diagnosed with SIBO I'm about to start a 14 day course of Rifaximin (3x550mg a day) He said to carry on taking the other meds but didn't mention any interaction with the questran.

I'm trying to figure out a schedule to fit it all in. I'm waiting to hear back from his office but I really want to start the rifaximin as the timing is good for work/holiday at the minute.

I may just stop the questran for the 2 weeks to be safe...

Thanks
K

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here