IBS-C cured with Magnesium - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS-C cured with Magnesium

Heart palpitations Pain with sitting Magnesium IBS-C Linzess FODMAP Food allergies Headaches Irregular heart beat GERD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 No more IBS

No more IBS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

Advertisement
I ruined years of my life treating with doctors and trying to figure out how to treat my IBS,

After trying LInzess, the FODMAP diet, and having to stand because my abdomen hurt too much when sitting, I discovered with a little magnesium my symptoms were completely cured and I NO LONGER HAVE IBS OR ANY SYMPTOMS. I tried the magnesium because when my IBS symptoms got bad, so did my heart palpitations.

Magnesium Oxide 400 mg. 2-3 times per day fixed my constipation, intestinal cramping, anxiety, and heart palpitations. I can literally eat anything I want now, including peanuts which I used to have allergic reactions to.

I can not get over that doctors do not checkk for a magnesium deficiency, but rather put people on prescription drugs for gastric reflux, calcium Chanel blockers for heart palpitations and irregularities, and Linzess for constipation. If you do ask for them to check your magnesium they will order a serum magnesium which is always normal unless you're practically dying because less than 1% of magnesium is in the blood and your body is good at making sure it stays at the normal level. The other cells get depleted causing anxiety, irregular heart rhythms, IBS, constipation, headaches, fatigue, nerve pain etc. If you want to get a more accurate measure of your magnesium level ask for an RBC magnesium level and then make sure it's up close to 6.5 to get rid of your symptoms. Read Carolyn Dean, M.D.'s book called the Magnesium Miracle. So happy I found my answer after years of pain and misery with spastic intestines!

#2 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

I wonder is this could work for ibs-d. I have the same problem that I can't sit because of the pain.

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9939 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

Jaumeb--i'm not sure that taking magnesium would be a good idea for you because you have D and too much magnesium can cause that.  go very slowly if you decide to take it.  getting  your blood levels tested first like the OP mentioned to see if you're deficient would probably be a good idea, too.

magnesium helps relax the muscles in the colon to establish a smoother rhythm and it also draws water into the colon which loosens stools.  too much of it can cause D.  

unfortunately it never helped me with my C but a lot of people have had success with it. we quite a few magnesium threads here on the board.  if one is taking high amounts of magnesium, it's a good idea to have your doc check your mag levels periodically.  also be sure your kidneys are working properly.

http://www.ibsgroup....um-is-too-much/

No More IBS--thanks for sharing. so glad it worked for you!

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#4 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:52 PM

I tried all different kinds of magnesium. It works great for some people, but not for me.

#5 jaumeb

jaumeb

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

Thanks for the info Annie. The last weeks I've been taking a mineral+vitamins+aminoacids+FOS complex that contains 15% of the recommended daily intake of Mg in the form of biglycinate. It's called vitaminor transito complex and it might be helping a bit.

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9939 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:47 AM

oh good--i'm glad to hear that it's helping a little bit.  you've been suffering so much for such a long time... i do hope that eventually you can find some relief.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Heart palpitations, Pain with sitting, Magnesium, IBS-C, Linzess, FODMAP, Food allergies, Headaches, Irregular heart beat, GERD

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here