New Member - Magnesium Question - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

New Member - Magnesium Question

magnesium ibs-c supplement

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LDM13

LDM13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:19 AM

Advertisement

Hi all,

I've had IBS-C with alternating/occasional IBS-D since I was a kid, and slow motility would put it lightly...lol.  Like many people here, I've tried a variety of remedies that work for a while but usually stop over time.  Miralax, Metamucil, Heather's Tummy Fiber, probiotics, enemas, softeners, etc.  At the moment, I'm taking Citrucel tablets but at a lower dose and working my way up.

I'm also on several medications for a really bad anxiety disorder, and I take Prevacid for acid reflux. 

Now that we've got all that out of the way...lol.

I've been reading about magnesium supplements in their various forms and I'm planning to try them for myself.  Before that, I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations about brands and/or dosage?  I tend to start as low as possible and go up over time, just in case things go haywire since my gut is anything but cast iron..lol.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnesium, ibs-c, supplement

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here