Can't get any answers - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Can't get any answers

distended abdomen nausea gerd poor appetite bad taste in mouth tongue coated

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SickSinceApril

SickSinceApril

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

Advertisement

Hi - new here.  Since April 4th (yes, I can pinpoint the exact day) I have had issues. In the past 5 months, I've been to the ER three times, have been to my regular doctor more times than I can count, have had a colonoscopy and EGD done. I even suspected ovarian cancer - had a complex cyst on left ovary. I just came back to work after a month off for surgery to rule out ovarian cancer (which was ruled out). 

I woke up the morning of April 4th with a belly that resembled being 7 months pregnant. That has never gone away. I had abdominal pain on my right side, right around my ovary (which is why I suspected OC). The pain eventually went away, but then I developed a whole new laundry list of symptoms: nausea, horrific heartburn, acid reflux (which I was able to control for 20 years), virtually no appetite - if I eat anything my stomach just grinds and I get incredibly nauseous, burning at the back of my throat and a horrible taste in my mouth.

Colonoscopy came back clear and the surgery I had showed no signs of cancer. Last week, I had the EGD, hoping I'd finally have some answers. My GI took 3 biopsies: one for suspected Barrett's esophagus, one for suspected ulcer and one to test for Celiac disease. All came back negative. I have gained 15 lbs. despite not eating very much. I have headaches almost constantly. I know this is not my appendix or my gallbladder as both of those were removed. It has nothing to do with my uterus as I had a hysterectomy in 2007. I don't know how much longer I can go on without answers. 

Does anyone else suffer the same symptoms? Were you diagnosed? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: distended abdomen, nausea, gerd, poor appetite, bad taste in mouth, tongue coated

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here