I don't know what I have - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

I don't know what I have

nausea severe abdominal pain diarrhea nighttime sweating cramping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saegb

saegb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

Advertisement

I have been suffering from something for at least 25 years.  My general doctor does not know what it is.  Interestingly enough, the doctor who did my recent colonoscopy has the exact same thing that I have.  She doesn't know what it is either, but she said the last time she had the 'attack' she though she was going to die.  She isn't married and she though she was going to die alone - it was so painful.

My general doctor has given me a Rx to take sublingually af the first sign of this happening.  The Rx only works for the intestinal cramps though - but very effectively - IF I wake up and take it soon after the naseua begins.

So.... this only happens to me at night.  Doesnt' matter what time I go to bed - and doesn't matter what time I've eaten -  it's usually between 1:00 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.  Wakes me up and sometimes I can't figure why I woke up.  Then I get a wave of horrible stomach pain.  It stops, starts again, stops, again, and then escalates in pain.  Before the Rx from my doctor, or if I don't wake up soon enough to get the pill under my tongue, this horrible event progresses as:  waves of horrible stomach pain, stopping and starting.  I can actually feel it progressing through my stomache.  At this poing I am becoming nauseous, so I grab a bowl from the kitchen and run to the toilet. The pain is so intense, that I break out in a sweat.  As I'm gagging and vomiting and in horrible pain, the diarrhea starts (first like a regular bowl movement) then watery explosive diarrhea - I think my entire intestine empties.  At that time my stomach has stopped hurting, but the pain has progressed to my intestines.  I can actually feel that pain progress through my intestines, too. It is just as painful as when it starts in my stomache, it has just moved.  I feel like I have pinecones scraping through my body. Eventually, at almost always exactly 1 hour, it stops.  Then at that time I stop sweating.  I am soaking wet.  The pain, nausea, diarrhea are completely gone.  I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

I have logged my diet and can't come up with anything consistant.  It's becoming, like last night, where I just want to start screaming;  It is so painful and I'm so sick of it.  I would say it happens 1 x/month, occassionally 2 x/month and sometimes I can go 2-3 months without anything happening.   It's strange that I can feel the pain progressing downward through my body.

Does anyone know what this is?

#2 Hatemybowels!

Hatemybowels!

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

Have they checked you for everything, such as gastritis, Crohn's, Colitis, etc.?

#3 APR

APR

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:50 AM

I don't know what you have, but the symptoms sound like they could be consistent with IBS.  When I first went to my gastro doctor, she even asked if I sometimes had painful cramps before going.

Fortunately, I seldom get the really bad painful cramps much, but I have experienced it.  At it's worst, it's hard to bear that pain.  In my case, painful cramps usually only happen when I am seriously constipated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nausea, severe abdominal pain, diarrhea, nighttime, sweating, cramping

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here