Anyone tried high dose Neomycin? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anyone tried high dose Neomycin?

neomycin IBS-C SIBO methane rifaximin antibiotics xifaxin

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PetitChou

PetitChou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

Advertisement

Hi guys, 

Sorry if you've already seen my other post to this effect; I'm just desperate for some help and don't know where else to try. 

I was diagnosed with methane-predominant SIBO (very high, baseline was 50+). I think I've had it for more than 10 years and am willing to try almost anything at this point. 

I was prescribed Neomycin, 4gm daily for 10 days. After checking the potential side effects, I'm not sure I want to take it. 

Has anyone else had a good result from Neomycin? What dose did you take? 4gm a day sounds very high to me -- it looks like Dr. Pimental used 1gm in his SIBO studies. As the risk of hearing and kidney problems increases with a bigger dose, I'd like to take the minimum that can be effective. 

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neomycin, IBS-C, SIBO, methane, rifaximin, antibiotics, xifaxin

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here